won't compile, but won't tell me why either!

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

cherrio

won't compile, but won't tell me why either!

Post by cherrio » 2005-01-05 09:39

H Guys,

back again trying to compile the latest version and running in a weird problem, every time I 'build' the solution, each project fails once, but it gives no error message
------ Build started: Project: lua-5.0.2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Build log was saved at "file://d:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\vc7\Debug\Lua\BuildLog.htm"
lua-5.0.2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: zlib, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Build log was saved at "file://d:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\vc7\Debug\zlib\BuildLog.htm"
zlib - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: bzip2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Build log was saved at "file://d:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\vc7\Debug\bzip\BuildLog.htm"
bzip2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: client, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Build log was saved at "file://d:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\vc7\Debug\client\BuildLog.htm"
client - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: DCPlusPlus, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Build log was saved at "file://d:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\vc7\Debug\windows\\BuildLog.htm"
DCPlusPlus - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: help, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

Build log was saved at "file://D:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\vc7\Debug\help\BuildLog.htm"
help - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 6 failed, 0 skipped

The Build log for DCPlusPlus shows the following,

Build Log ------- Build started: Project: DCPlusPlus, Configuration: Debug|Win32 -------

Command Lines Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP000018.rsp" with contents
[
/Od /G6 /GA /I "D:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\\stlport" /I "D:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\\wtl" /I "./lua-5.0.2/include" /D "HAVE_STLPORT" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /GF /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MTd /GS /Gy /Zc:wchar_t /Yu"stdafx.h" /Fp".\vc7\Debug\windows\/DCPlusPlus.pch" /Fo".\vc7\Debug\windows\/" /Fd".\vc7\Debug\windows\/vc70.pdb" /W4 /c /ZI /Gd
".\windows\WinUtil.cpp"
".\windows\UsersFrame.cpp"
".\windows\UPnP.cpp"
".\windows\UploadQueueFrame.cpp"
".\windows\UploadPage.cpp"
".\windows\UCPage.cpp"
".\windows\TreePropertySheet.cpp"
".\windows\TransferView.cpp"
".\windows\TextFrame.cpp"
".\windows\StatsFrame.cpp"
".\windows\SpyFrame.cpp"
".\windows\SearchFrm.cpp"
".\windows\QueueFrame.cpp"
".\windows\PublicHubsFrm.cpp"
".\windows\PropPage.cpp"
".\windows\PropertiesDlg.cpp"
".\windows\PrivateFrame.cpp"
".\windows\NotepadFrame.cpp"
".\windows\MainFrm.cpp"
".\windows\main.cpp"
".\windows\HubFrame.cpp"
".\windows\GeneralPage.cpp"
".\windows\FinishedULFrame.cpp"
".\windows\FinishedFrame.cpp"
".\windows\FavoritesFrm.cpp"
".\windows\FavoriteDirsPage.cpp"
".\windows\FavHubProperties.cpp"
".\windows\ExtendedTrace.cpp"
".\windows\ExListViewCtrl.cpp"
".\windows\DownloadPage.cpp"
".\windows\DirectoryListingFrm.cpp"
".\windows\CommandDlg.cpp"
".\windows\BandwidthLimitPage.cpp"
".\windows\AppearancePage.cpp"
".\windows\AdvancedPage.cpp"
".\windows\Advanced3Page.cpp"
".\windows\Advanced2Page.cpp"
".\windows\ADLSProperties.cpp"
".\windows\ADLSearchFrame.cpp"
]
Creating command line "cl.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP000018.rsp /nologo"
Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP000019.rsp" with contents
[
/Od /G6 /GA /I "D:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\\stlport" /I "D:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\\wtl" /I "./lua-5.0.2/include" /D "HAVE_STLPORT" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /GF /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MTd /GS /Gy /Zc:wchar_t /Yc"stdafx.h" /Fp".\vc7\Debug\windows\/DCPlusPlus.pch" /Fo".\vc7\Debug\windows\/" /Fd".\vc7\Debug\windows\/vc70.pdb" /W4 /c /ZI /Gd
".\windows\stdafx.cpp"
]
Creating command line "cl.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP000019.rsp /nologo"
Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP00001A.rsp" with contents
[
/Od /G6 /GA /I "D:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\\stlport" /I "D:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\\wtl" /I "./lua-5.0.2/include" /D "HAVE_STLPORT" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /GF /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MTd /GS /Gy /Zc:wchar_t /Fo".\vc7\Debug\windows\/" /Fd".\vc7\Debug\windows\/vc70.pdb" /W4 /c /ZI /Gd
".\windows\iTunesCOMInterface_i.c"
]
Creating command line "cl.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP00001A.rsp /nologo"
Output Window Results Build log was saved at "file://d:\Compile\BCDCPlusPlus .668\vc7\Debug\windows\\BuildLog.htm"
DCPlusPlus - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
I followed all the instructions in complie.txt and installed all the latest versions of STLPort, WTL, HTML Help Workshop, .Net SDK and .Net framework 1.1. The only thing that is not installed is Python, but I don't think I need it, do I?

Any one have any ideas on what could be causing this?

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2005-01-05 16:14

First of all, you're trying to compile a mod, not DC++. Second of all, yes you do need python.

cherrio

Post by cherrio » 2005-01-06 05:55

PseudonympH wrote:First of all, you're trying to compile a mod, not DC++. Second of all, yes you do need python.
OK, I installed Python and attempted to recompile (I Did, "Build" -> "Clean Solution", then "Build" -> "Build Solution", am I doing something wrong here?) It still comes up with the same error. I ran the ./help/compile.bat to compile the help file and that worked fine.

I can post the other build logs for the other projects (lua-5.0.2, zlib, bzip2, client, DCPlusPlus and help) if people want them? They all fail with 1 error (with no output). Any one have any ideas?

Oh ya, I am using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET (2003) in case I didn't mention it earlier.

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2005-01-06 07:25

Can you compile any c++ program at all?

cherrio

Post by cherrio » 2005-01-06 11:26

joakim_tosteberg wrote:Can you compile any c++ program at all?
Thats a very good question. Just tried a new simple "in32 application and it failed also (also without explaining why).

I had to reinstall Visual studio because I had to reinstall Windows and I installed it again on top of its old location (on my D: drive). Any ideas for reinstalling? Should I uninstall, delete the folder and then try again?

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-01-06 13:16

First, try to compile DC++. BCDC isn't any different, but this is the DC++ forum, and BCDC is a strictly-support less mod. We've set it up that way on purpose. :mrgreen:

Second, Visual Studio has a repair install - go to Add/Remove programs, and click the only button for your Visual Studio install. One of the choices is to Install/Remove/Repair components. Do that.