C1010: unexpected end of file

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

C1010: unexpected end of file

Post by Guitarm » 2004-12-23 00:31

I get this error when compiling : f:\DCPlusPlus\DCPlusPlus-CVS-src\latest_release\dcplusplus\client\StringDefs.cpp(1085): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive

The first line gets cut out of MakeDefs.cpp : #include "stdinc.h"
If I put in a blank as first line in MakeDefs.h it compiles ok.

I obviously have some kinda mismatch in my code. I just don't know what to look for. I've done a compare to another branch (that compiles fine) and I don't find the diff.

Anyone with a hint on what to look for?

Ps. I assume there is some thread somewhere about makedefs.py. I'll search for it. In the meantime - please feel free to add it here :)
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-12-27 12:44

I've never seen this error before. Assuming StringDefs.h, ResourceManager.h, and ResourceManager.cpp are all stock, I don't know why you'd be getting this problem. You could check the two .vcproj files (client and DCPlusPlus), since the directive to include the precompiled header can be set on a per file basis (and stored in the project files).

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-12-27 12:46

Er... MakeDefs.cpp/h? Those were dropped from the CVS tree a while back. You should install Python and use makedefs.py instead.

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2004-12-30 01:32

I'm sorry. Of course I meant StringDefs.h/cpp, my mistake. And I do use makedefs.py to create StringDefs.cpp and Example.xml.

Anyway, I've found the error. I've been using an editor called EditPlus for a long time. My relationship with this editor will end here and now. This editor was the cause of the problem. It obviously inserted something ( I'm not sure if it's a BOM or something else )

I'm sorry If I confused you people with my syntactic errors. I'ts not very good to be too tired when trying to describe a problem.

So, thanks anyway for the answers.

Ps. the reason I haven't answered earlier was because I didn't get a note in my gmail, and I haven't seen this thread updated either.
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-12-30 13:01

Guitarm wrote:It obviously inserted something ( I'm not sure if it's a BOM or something else )
Oh, well, a hex editor would tell easily enough. If it is a leading BOM, the makedefs.py script could be modified to strip it. (also, adding a leading linefeed to StringDefs.h would fix that).

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2004-12-30 16:07

Now I seem to have to correct myself once again.....I did some deeper tracing/testing here and it actually looks like TortoiseCVS is the reason from the beginning.
I downloaded a fresh CVS, added some /* comments */ to the code (with notepad) and did a diff against sf CVS and guess what........I got it again.
So, I uninstalled every trace of Tortoise, downloaded the latest stable version (1.8.10 if I'm not mistaken) and tried again - problem gone.
I'm not sure what to say about this. I don't know what to blame anymore. I'm not sure if I, in some point in time, fiddled with TCVS and forgot about it. Anyway, problem fixed. At least I learned something from this: I talk too much too soon :)

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-01-02 16:12

If you uninstalled it, perhaps there was an option somewhere...

You're getting pretty good with tracing back problems to their source, it seems =)