how to change number of replys on incoming searches

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

KNAzZ

how to change number of replys on incoming searches

Post by KNAzZ » 2004-09-30 07:20

I'm trying do achieve severel things here, I'm running a hub on a quite large internal network. And as I understand it when a client gets a search request it doesn't return all the hits, if it's over 10 or something like that.

what i wanna do is make a client with a higher limit, to use one the local network.

I'm quite new in program C++, so can't figure figure this out.

I've been looking in ShareManager.cpp and found something called "maxResults" and i figure thats waht i need to change, But where's the value of maxResults set?

ivulfusbar

Re: how to change number of replys on incoming searches

Post by ivulfusbar » 2004-09-30 07:50

KNAzZ wrote:I'm trying do achieve severel things here, I'm running a hub on a quite large internal network. And as I understand it when a client gets a search request it doesn't return all the hits, if it's over 10 or something like that.
Yes, 10 for active searches, and 5 for passive searches.
KNAzZ wrote: what i wanna do is make a client with a higher limit, to use one the local network.

I'm quite new in program C++, so can't figure figure this out.

I've been looking in ShareManager.cpp and found something called "maxResults" and i figure thats waht i need to change, But where's the value of maxResults set?
If you look you see that search(alot of arguments goes here, maxResults) is called: If we the search for "search(" in the source code you will find

Code: Select all

ShareManager::getInstance()->search(l, aString, aSearchType, aSize, aFileType, aClient, isPassive ? 5 : 10);
in ClientManager.cpp.

There you can see a confirmation of what i said, 5 for passive, otherwise 10.

I haven't checked if this is the only thing you need to change, but its very probable. It is atleast a start for you.

we-like-those-who-help-themselfs-which-you-have-atleast-tried-todo-ly'ers ;))
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.