Inquisitive users

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-07-24 10:36

[07:38:40] <Neznani> ok, I want to delete download transfer from TransferView
[07:38:46] <Neznani> http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum ... hp?t=11128
[07:39:09] <Neznani> but it doesn't work if status is "connecting..."
[07:40:52] <Neznani> what should I change so that ItemInfo have enough information to delete transfer from download queue?
QueueManager::remove()
[07:44:16] <Neznani> ok, next one, how can I SAFELY exit from program at any point
[07:44:47] <Neznani> I tried to throw and catch my exception in main(), but GUI complains...
[07:45:05] <Neznani> i mean, to only catch it in main
[07:45:32] <Sedulus> SendMessage WM_EXIT or something, would be like pressing the X, I think
[07:45:47] <Sedulus> or PostMessage.. not sure
[07:46:08] <Neznani> and "confirm exit"?
[07:50:24] <Neznani> why I get "Error during decompression" if file was downloaded "too fast"? (e.g 500kb/s, [bc]dc++ 0.403, yhub)
[07:50:53] <Sedulus> because the file is crap perhaps?
[07:50:57] <Neznani> nope
[07:51:11] <Neznani> I'm testing clients in local
[07:51:14] <Sedulus> the file is not crap? then you shouldn't get errors
[07:51:31] <Neznani> if I click Force, it goes well
[07:52:07] <Neznani> why "Browse folders" are not modal windows?
Some are. Add Folder (to share), for instance, as well as Language File Browsing. I'll fix the other three. Thanks for pointing this out.

[07:53:40] <Neznani> remove directory from share assertion
I've already submitted a patch for this to arnetheduck.
[07:53:40] <Neznani> what does "randomize nick while download" in BCDC does?
Exactly what it sounds like.
[07:55:23] <Neznani> why sometimes instead of filename uploading, (BC)DC says TTH/JDSJDKL238023?
DC++ 0.403 does. DC++ CVS does not, BCDC SVN does not.

If you're using BCDC++, you may be seeing something I have not, which is the upload limiter stopping upload of the TTHL. BigMuscle says it does, and has a workaround in his code.
[07:58:36] <Neznani> btw, where is BCDC CVS?
BCDC svn is known by some, but isn't publicized. It's not hosted anywhere comparable to SourceForge, which has enough bandwidth for all the wanna-be devs to sync at their leisure.
[07:59:48] <Neznani> how does "Upload queue" feature work? It's always empty.
[07:59:58] <Neznani> yes, nothing there
The upload queue doesn't seem to work for some people. I'm not sure why, the code looks fine.
[08:02:56] <Neznani> why bandwith limiting doesn't work for, say, first NNN kb of file?
It does as of all recent versions. Back in 0.306, you may have been right. You're just confusing the displayed speed with the actual speed - and for uploads, the size of the buffer for zlib plays into the displayed speed.
[08:05:31] <Neznani> I want to turn off hashing of downloading files. Is it possible?
[08:06:48] <Neznani> it's ok to hash files in share, but it doesn't make sense to hash files right after they are downloaded since many of us will move them around.
No. You have to hash the file to be able to compare its hash to the hash retrieved from the remote user.
[08:13:07] <Neznani> how can I locate target in download queue but from TransferView if status is "connecting..."?
[08:13:23] <Neznani> programmatically
[08:13:51] <Neznani> Only the user name is known
[08:19:17] <Neznani> is there a document like "DC++ internals"?
No, feel free to write one though.
[08:21:27] <Neznani> is there a multihub search tool that actually works?
[08:21:50] <Neznani> or how difficult it would be to implement one in existing DC++
[08:22:02] <Neznani> not for public use, off course...
[08:24:09] <Neznani> ok, thanks you guys, bye!
MoGLO works. There is another that works too, but it's not public.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » 2004-07-26 08:35

GargoyleMT wrote: QueueManager::remove()
No, it doesn't work by itself. At this point ("Connecting..."), transfer has no idea about its target filename so a call to QueueManager::remove() does nothing. I found two simple but (possibly) ugly solutions to this problem (don't want to redesign dc++'s core) -- check out the given link again, I still need help on this one.
[07:44:16] <Neznani> ok, next one, how can I SAFELY exit from program at any point
[07:44:47] <Neznani> I tried to throw and catch my exception in main(), but GUI complains...
[07:45:05] <Neznani> i mean, to only catch it in main
[07:45:32] <Sedulus> SendMessage WM_EXIT or something, would be like pressing the X, I think
[07:45:47] <Sedulus> or PostMessage.. not sure
[07:46:08] <Neznani> and "confirm exit"?
I also need a clean way to exit if GUI isn't (fully) initialized yet.
[07:50:24] <Neznani> why I get "Error during decompression" if file was downloaded "too fast"? (e.g 500kb/s, [bc]dc++ 0.403, yhub)
[07:50:53] <Sedulus> because the file is crap perhaps?
[07:50:57] <Neznani> nope
[07:51:11] <Neznani> I'm testing clients in local
[07:51:14] <Sedulus> the file is not crap? then you shouldn't get errors
[07:51:31] <Neznani> if I click Force, it goes well
I've just tested dc++ 0.403 (precompiled) and dc++ 0.403 (compiled with multiple-instance support) with yhub on my machine and I always get "Error during decompression" when downloading one particular file. If I then click "Force attempt", it goes well. I think I previously had errors for some other files, too. All files are properly hashed, lists refreshed, both hash databases are deleted and rebuilt couple of times. In that first attempt, dc++ downloads the whole file, then complains about decompressing error and doesn't move it to the "done" directory.

What does it mean "the file is crap"? It's on my disk, I can move it around, no bad sectors, etc. Contents of a file should be irrelevant, right?

Interesting, if I use bcdc++ and its bandwith limiting, there is no problem at all.
GargoyleMT wrote:
[07:53:40] <Neznani> what does "randomize nick while download" in BCDC does?
Exactly what it sounds like.
But there is no call to getRandomNick(). It's commented out.
GargoyleMT wrote:
[07:55:23] <Neznani> why sometimes instead of filename uploading, (BC)DC says TTH/JDSJDKL238023?
DC++ 0.403 does. DC++ CVS does not, BCDC SVN does not.

If you're using BCDC++, you may be seeing something I have not, which is the upload limiter stopping upload of the TTHL. BigMuscle says it does, and has a workaround in his code.
In my tests I used binary distributions of yhub (0.387-t10-beta), dc++ (0.305-0.403), bcdc++ (0.306a-0.403b), and my mod which is based on bcdc++ 0.403b-svn-468. This is still happening (rarely, though) in latest bcdc++.

Where can I find that patch, is it publicly available?
GargoyleMT wrote:
[08:05:31] <Neznani> I want to turn off hashing of downloading files. Is it possible?
[08:06:48] <Neznani> it's ok to hash files in share, but it doesn't make sense to hash files right after they are downloaded since many of us will move them around.
No. You have to hash the file to be able to compare its hash to the hash retrieved from the remote user.
That's fine too, but why this temporary hash must be stored in HashData.dat and HashIndex.xml?! There is no way to defrag hash database, afaik. Could it use memory instead, or simply another pair of files?
[08:13:07] <Neznani> how can I locate target in download queue but from TransferView if status is "connecting..."?
[08:13:23] <Neznani> programmatically
[08:13:51] <Neznani> Only the user name is known
Already answered this one.
GargoyleMT wrote:
[08:21:27] <Neznani> is there a multihub search tool that actually works?
[08:21:50] <Neznani> or how difficult it would be to implement one in existing DC++
[08:22:02] <Neznani> not for public use, off course...
[08:24:09] <Neznani> ok, thanks you guys, bye!
MoGLO works. There is another that works too, but it's not public.
I meant the one that cannot be detected as such. I know of MoGLO, dctc and dcgui-qt, but all of them can be easily detected and banned. If that "secret one" is good, who should I ask (you can use PM)?

jsmith
a.k.a. Neznani@forum