Why is CVS always outdated?

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

ugumba

Why is CVS always outdated?

Post by ugumba » 2003-03-06 17:38

Hi!
I'm wondering why the CVS repository is lagging behind so much? Is it not supported or used by the main developers of DC++?

I'm working on some experimental features in 0.211, and would prefer to avoid having to merge my changes manually.

Thanks,
Ugumba

yilard

Re: Why is CVS always outdated?

Post by yilard » 2003-03-06 17:50

ugumba wrote:Hi!
I'm wondering why the CVS repository is lagging behind so much? Is it not supported or used by the main developers of DC++?

I'm working on some experimental features in 0.211, and would prefer to avoid having to merge my changes manually.

Thanks,
Ugumba
It is quite annoying, but...

You don't need sf CVS server to be able to merge your changes. For example I run my own CVS server in which I have two branches for dcpp project. Into the first I always import official DCPP release and into the second I'm doing all my changes. On checkout they are pretty merged together. Refer to CVS documentation on how to keep track of external sources.
In the age of super-boredom/hype and mediocrity/celebrate relentlessness/menace to society --KMFDM

arnetheduck
The Creator Himself

Post by arnetheduck » 2003-03-07 06:41

Because I'm in italy where reasonable network admins don't grow on trees...I'm working on a solution tho...