ANSI code compliance / VS .NET 2003 compatibility

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

enken

ANSI code compliance / VS .NET 2003 compatibility

Post by enken » 2003-07-16 16:19

Hydra wrote:
enken wrote: Can you provide more info on why .NET 2003 has this problem in the first place?
yes

microsoft made it's C++ compiler ANSI compliant, which requires strict use of the "typename" keyword in templates.

Really, stl and dc++ should be fixed to be ANSI compliant code (which is actually one of the things these patches do)

The other fix they make is that the version number of microsoft's compilr changed, so conditional #ifdefs and #ifndef's that check the compiler version also need to be updated.

Simple really..
I'm hoping DC++ project members will agree to update the code to be ANSI compliant. Hydra has actually already done the work, and you can find it here: http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum ... hp?p=22479 -- since there is a DCpp version of STLport, that should be updated permanently, and the DC++ code itself should be fixed and then maintained as ANSI compliant. As he says, should be simple, really.

Is there another place more appropriate to make this request? Bug tracker? Feature request?

It makes sense to me for someone to spend just a couple minutes to make these updates at the source for the good of all, or at least anyone trying to use VS .NET 2003. I've fixed the code that I downloaded, so I don't -need- this to be done, but do think it's a Good Thing (tm).

Thx for all your hard work on DC++, guys!

arnetheduck
The Creator Himself

Post by arnetheduck » 2003-07-17 05:59

Yes, yes, it'll be fixed...the client part I compile under linux every now and then to see if it's good, but the windows part is of course trickier...=) STLPort is a bit out of my hands though...

enken

Post by enken » 2003-07-17 06:33

Well the STLport only needs a few changes, too, and there's a modified release: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dcpl ... p?download

Let's just fix the modified release, the dcpp release.

But, of course, you're right. The STLport people should fix their code for ANSI compliance, since they are the source.