EXTENDEDPROTOCOL for Hub Lists/Registration Servers

Technical discussion about the NMDC and <a href="http://dcpp.net/ADC.html">ADC</A> protocol. The NMDC protocol is documented in the <a href="http://dcpp.net/wiki/">Wiki</a>, so feel free to refer to it.

Moderator: Moderators

TasMan

EXTENDEDPROTOCOL for Hub Lists/Registration Servers

Post by TasMan » 2003-01-31 15:52

Any ideas?

I've made my own registration server in VB and I'm adding a few things (i.e Shared bytes to the public hub list - downloads extended version with a special request in the HTTP header - not final yet though).

I've been tinkering with a few other playthings (multiple addresses for one hub, ops connected, uptime etc), but those are just something to do :P

So come on! Help me out :)

Gadget

Post by Gadget » 2003-01-31 22:38

I made a $BotINFO command to GeneralBot so that hublist pingers can get more information about the hub. While pinging, send:

$BotINFO <bot description>

And hub should answer:
$HubINFO <hub name>$<hub address>$<hub description>$<max users>$<min share>$<min slots>$<max hubs>$NMDCHub GeneralBot 0.24$

Where
<bot description> = any string, describes the bot, script will save it just for informational purposes, i.e. "$BotINFO FinHubList 105 hubs, 72 online, 7701 users. http://finhublist.no-ip.org/PublicHubList.config"
<hub name> = frmHub.txtName
<hub address> = frmHub.txtIP (for reducing multiple aliases of one hub)
<hub description> = frmHub.txtDescription (usually out of date on other hublists)
<max users> = frmHub.sldrMaxUsers value (to calculate how full the hub is, current user count can be calculated from $NickList)
<min share> = script's minimum share limit in bytes
<min slots> = script's minimum slot limit
<max hubs> = script's maximum hub limit
And then there is hub type+script name which offered the info, and one additional field after that last $ just for reserve...

Hub will give you nicklist and oplist, calculating shared bytes is not recommended because it adds unnecessary traffic.

There is some kind of addons in that hublist too, <R:<reliability>,S:<status>> string in beginning of description, where R:000%-100% and S:Online, Offline, Private, Banned or Full. Leading zeros in reliability so that you can sort the hublist with it, example:
Lame Hub|lamehub.domain.org|<R:072%,S:Online> Lame description|20|||||
Bad Hub|badhub.domain.org|<R:036%,S:Offline> Bad description|0|||||

TasMan

Post by TasMan » 2003-01-31 22:45

Hohum....new features for SDCH and the hub pinger (not that the pinger exists yet - just the registration server :o)!

Hub name isn't really needed in the HubINFO is it? $HubName is sent with the lock, so the pinger would always get it.

TasMan

Post by TasMan » 2003-01-31 22:51

oh and neo-modus has this :

colUsers.TotalBytesShared (maybe it was iTotalBytesShared)

You could include that with $HubINFO