Locked
[NL]Pur
Programmer
Joined: 2004-07-21 14:32

support zSearch[moglo]

Post by [NL]Pur » 2004-08-13 04:16

I don't know from which version on this is implemented, but moglo has a $support called
zSearch[moglo] , i was wondering what kind of feature this is.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor
Joined: 2003-01-07 21:46
Location: .pa.us

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-08-13 07:41

From: ade
Subject: zSearch extension

Alright, it's about time something is done to the way
the searchbots work..

The current way it works is butt-ugly and inefficient,
and therefore also not generally accepted.

Here's my suggestion:

h>c: $Lock EXTENDEDPROTOCOLABCABC Pk=BLAH
c>h: $Supports zSearch
h>c: $Supports zSearch
c>h: [maybe a MyINFO here?]$zSearch 1.2.3.4:1234
F?F?0?1?file.abc$
* disconnect

This way you wouldn't need to log in the
client(searchbot!) like a regular user and waste
bandwith by retrieving userlist etc etc. It's a
generally much nicer and faster way of dealing with
this.

[NL]Pur
Programmer
Joined: 2004-07-21 14:32

Post by [NL]Pur » 2004-08-13 08:01

ah , yes tx. So i don't have to send any List to moglo. :)

it is btw:

$Supports zSearch[moglo]

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor
Joined: 2003-01-07 21:46
Location: .pa.us

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-08-13 08:07

[NL]Pur wrote:$Supports zSearch[moglo]
Well, it could be $Supports zSearch(optional botname). I didn't bother re-reading the rest of the thread that ensued. =)

Locked