general problems

General adchpp discussion

Moderator: Moderators

imb

general problems

Post by imb » 2006-11-30 10:50

Hello, since DC is obviously dead and wont be coming back (hubs have 1/4 less members, and this will only get worse) I thought I'd have a go at compiling this ADCH++ business. However I didn't get very far, as apparenly visual studio 2005 (which the guide is primarily based on) only works on SP2). Apparently I am not entitled to any further updates from Windows for various reasons that you can work out. So what can I do now to get this pain in the arse ADC hubsoft working on my PC?

I also have another question, why is there still so few ADC hubs on the hublist? You'd have thought there'd atleast be say 50 who are programmers who've had a go.
"Every Englishman must have a hobby. Some like to collect the stamp, some like to make the jam, but the most fun is to a kill a little animal with a shotgun or rip them up with wild dog."

Pothead

Post by Pothead » 2006-11-30 12:57

hmm VS2005 only works with XP sp2 ?
erh, well I use windows 2000 and have no problems with it. :)

I was running a public adc hub, but i had to close that because my connection cannot handle being flooded by a script kiddie. :P

Carraya

Post by Carraya » 2006-12-01 03:49

Yes well that you don't have legal software can't really be the developers problem now can it, there is however some fun facts about MSVS 2005, like the fact that it's on purpose doesn't work without some particular upgrades even if it doesn't use them... However the best part about it is that MSVS 2005 is not compatible with final release of Vista... Even M$ says that now, actually they have been for some time, after they got A LOT of feedback from the different test groups, where a large portion of the original alpha test group was/is developers :)

And I just received my Corporate final edition yesterday and it's true, it still doesn't work...
<random funny comment>

ivulfusbar

Re: general problems

Post by ivulfusbar » 2006-12-01 04:07

No binary official release of ADCHpp has not been released yet. But nothing stops someone from distributing a binary version. So if you have a problem compiling it, ask your favorite friend to compile it for you.
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.

imb

Post by imb » 2006-12-01 07:41

Would any of you lot be willing to send me a copy? I figure it wouldn't be too much hassle on your part(s) since you may already have compiled copies available on your PC. I can't think of any friends that possess the expertise or would be willing to do this for me, since let's face it, it is a painful and convoluted process for those who aren't familiar with these programs. Anyway let me know via PM please, I'd be eternally greatful.
"Every Englishman must have a hobby. Some like to collect the stamp, some like to make the jam, but the most fun is to a kill a little animal with a shotgun or rip them up with wild dog."

imb

Post by imb » 2006-12-01 07:42

Pothead wrote:I was running a public adc hub, but i had to close that because my connection cannot handle being flooded by a script kiddie. :P
Why was it being flooded?

Pothead

Post by Pothead » 2006-12-01 12:08

imb wrote:Would any of you lot be willing to send me a copy? I figure it wouldn't be too much hassle on your part(s) since you may already have compiled copies available on your PC.
I'll re-read the license, if allowed i'll post some links in a few hours. :)
imb wrote:Why was it being flooded?
Regarding hublist.org being down, i said this:
Pothead wrote:If it's a case of Wait, apparently wait 6 months from when the attack started. :(
Personally i think that is a bit long, and will occasionally continue discussing this with the perpetrator. Until one of 3 things happens.
1. the ddos stops.
2. i get banned from that hub.
3. i become another victim of the ddos.
Number 3 happened. :roll: