Download Starting timeout option

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

raym0nd

Download Starting timeout option

Post by raym0nd » 2004-04-30 11:22

Sorry, have looked through many pages and haven't really seen anything related tot his yet.

I seem to notice once in a while that DC++ will auto-search for alternate download location (which I have intentionally set) but then get stuck on one guy at "Download starting". This may be due to connection error or download blocking or whetever. The point is it just sits there and I have to manually cut it off. This is a pain in the butt if I leave DC++ on overnight and the file never completed because it sat there at "Download Starting" for three hours or until the guy got offline.

Some sort of timer that DC++ will automatically diconnect and try the next source after xx amount of seconds of a locked connection would be great. This would also be great for those connections where the download actually stops - but the display doesn't show you that it has stopped downloading. Instead the download speed slowly drops from (e.g.) 86Kb down to 15b/sec and just keeps dropping til it hits Zero. Dc++ should be able to know when it has lost a connection and time it out so you can move onto another source either manually or automatically.