Splash Screen Switch

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Jagur

Splash Screen Switch

Post by Jagur » 2003-02-17 11:11

I know this is somewhat controversial, but in the spirit of "true" peace I highly suggest that you add a switch that allows the splash screen to be enabled or disabled. I frequent an anime hub that is 100% intolerant of modified clients, but many people are so ticked about the "peace edition" that they're trying to edit DC++ to remove the splash screen. This has almost resulted in DC++ being banned in that hub. I personally agree with your political view in this case, but all the same, I think you should give people the ability to remove it if they want, you'd be surprised the kind of reactions this incites...
The Wrath of Kahn

ender

Post by ender » 2003-02-17 12:14

Which anime hub is that? And anyway, it's impossible to detect that you removed the splash screen anyway (actually any change is usually indetectable, unless the you specifically made it detectable).

yilard

Post by yilard » 2003-02-17 14:31

arne wanted picture to be in the splash as a statement. if he didn't want he would place the picture on the web.

if you don't like it, remove it yourself. I don't think any of developers will make any step to fulfill this request. It's really simple to remove it and it takes about 0.232 seconds and btw. it is not worth the effort because the picture won't be there for eternity :) ... maybe americans get even dumber president one day :)
In the age of super-boredom/hype and mediocrity/celebrate relentlessness/menace to society --KMFDM

Jagur

Amen to that Ender

Post by Jagur » 2003-02-20 12:06

Yea, I figured that nobody would be able to tell if you modified it anyway, but you wouldn't believe how asinine the OPs are about this... The hub is Baka United... sluggy.dynu.com:411 but it's a private hub so you probably can't get in there. The public branch is hellyea.dynu.com:411 just don't piss off the OPs whatever you do;)
The Wrath of Kahn

ender

Post by ender » 2003-02-20 17:27

Just go to some other hub, there's a ton of better anime hubs... I guess you haven't seen any "tributes" to riva yet, have you?