How much is left of my downloads?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Cyborg

How much is left of my downloads?

Post by Cyborg » 2004-03-29 00:42

There should be a way to see how much is left of all the files in the queue.

Right now im having 2 GB free disk space and my queue is on over 3
GB, but much of it is already downloaded and i need to see if i need to
free up any more space before i get to bed so i dont waste any time when
the disk is full.
It takes really much time to go through all files in the queue and subtract
the downloaded bytes from the total bytes. What if the program could to it for you?

That's just an example of how useful that feature could be.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-03-29 03:27

It's always a good idea to keep some disk space free rather than waiting until there is absolutely no space left.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

Wisp

Post by Wisp » 2004-03-29 03:38

TheParanoidOne wrote:It's always a good idea to keep some disk space free rather than waiting until there is absolutely no space left.
exactly.. harddisk space is now less then 1 euro for 1 gb

but it should be a nice feature to have a warning when your total queue size becomes bigger than the available space

Cyborg

Post by Cyborg » 2004-03-29 18:04

i've got 270 GB total hard disk size and i've filled almost 266 GB, and i dont wanna remove movies before i've seen them and i dont wanna remove games before i've played them through (i only do that when i need space to download something better!).

The reason i would like this feature is because i often only have a couple of GB's left and i have to go away and want to know if i need to remove something before i do (so i dont run out of disk space and waste alot of time). I have better things to do than searching for things to remove on my disk, and i only do that when i really need to.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-03-29 18:52

I agree in principal with the feature you describe, but I wonder if perhaps you need to ease off on your downloading a bit.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words