shedule file in queue dowloads option

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Garibaldi

shedule file in queue dowloads option

Post by Garibaldi » 2004-03-18 12:21

i thing this option will help for meny user when you hev meny file in queue and wone dowload it all but when you set all to higest priority it just sucks 20 file whit low transfer and shedule cen cheang it for 2 file whit high transfer and next file wil start download when frist 2 or 1 is finished ther culd be option to set when no free slot for file for som time next file starts download so you cen shedule 20 file to dowload one after one when frist finished start next file
ps sory for me english i think you get what i wone see

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2004-03-18 16:02

settings > downloads > maximum simultaneous downloads

Just set that to however many you want to have going at once.

Garibaldi

Post by Garibaldi » 2004-04-01 12:16

settings > downloads > maximum simultaneous downloads

this option is helpful but not for sheduling it only alow haw meny dowloads at one time it not shedule downloads you cent set time when to start downloads i me fult i dont writeh all for this option ithink this is what i wont this option more somthing like this in queue set time to start dowloads set time to pause set time to resume or start new dowlads after xx min when now slots free for som other file
ps sory for me english

Twink

Post by Twink » 2004-04-02 07:40

you can't really schedule downloads as they require slots from remote people that you have little to no controll over. setting it so that no other file downloads until X finishes is likely to be a bad idea as if you dont get a slot you are wasting your bandwidth. The best way I find is to manipulate my priorities, highest on anything that is nearly finished or that I really want, and high for anything I want next.