Command-line interaction (aka Command Line Interface; CLI)

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

DjKriSSe

Command-line interaction (aka Command Line Interface; CLI)

Post by DjKriSSe » 2004-03-17 18:43

Hello!

My sugestion is to make it possible to interact with DC++ via the command-line. I know Perl quite well, I would be very happy if I could make a perl-script, e.g. download a chart from a webpage and then use this as a reference, to send commands via the command-line to DC++.

Example

C:\Program\DC++\DCpluspluscmd.exe -search -allhubs -query "Safri Duo All the People" -extension .mp3 -minimumsize 3145728

The example above would perfom a search and return the results to the command-line.
From the results I could then pick my file and send another command-line command.

Example

C:\Program\DC++\DCpluspluscmd.exe -download -user [Telia]XYZ -hub [SomeHub]SE -filename "E:\Delade Filer\Albums\Safri Duo\Safri Duo - All The People in the World.mp3" -downloaddirectory "D:\My Music\Album\Safri Duo\"

This would be great! All programming languages would be able to interact with DC++ this way!

Any constructive critics?

Tnx
Last edited by DjKriSSe on 2004-03-18 08:54, edited 1 time in total.

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-03-17 19:35

Being that DC++ is GUI driven, I highly doubt it will ever have commandline options.

If you really want one, I'd suggest you checkout the clients for *nix, several can run under windows (with or without cygwin)

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-03-18 06:13

BSOD2600 wrote:Being that DC++ is GUI driven, I highly doubt it will ever have commandline options.
Although the clear seperation between the core UI-independent functionality and the UI itself, means that it should be possible to add a CLI. You could have a CLI, GUI and/or any other UI you wanted.

That's the theory, anyway.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

DjKriSSe

Post by DjKriSSe » 2004-03-18 08:42

BSOD2600 wrote:Being that DC++ is GUI driven, I highly doubt it will ever have commandline options.

If you really want one, I'd suggest you checkout the clients for *nix, several can run under windows (with or without cygwin)
My idea was that the CLI should simply relay commands to the GUI. This require the UI to be running which is alright with me.