remove user from queue problem!!

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

SasMan

remove user from queue problem!!

Post by SasMan » 2004-03-15 10:03

I sometimes accidentaly click on remote user from queue in the download bar, and then when i match the queues again it doesn't get matchedm and i have to remove everything from the queue and start over.

I't would be really good if this were fixed!
SasMan

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-03-15 13:27

If the user doesn't have the exact same filename, match queue will not work - it's not designed to.

Yes, DC++ is missing a "re-add user to all files" option (you can re-add them individually, though). There's a thread about this that's been active in the last week, if you want to look for it..

Wisp

Post by Wisp » 2004-03-16 07:47

GargoyleMT wrote:If the user doesn't have the exact same filename, match queue will not work - it's not designed to.
I'm not sure about this, but i remember times when i searched for a file and got a list of 100+ files with exactly the same size/filename, but match queue won't work then either

When the hashes are implemented, would dc++ be able to always match queue? (even with totally different filenames/extensions, etc?)

(if so, i can't wait.. )

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-03-16 14:03

Wisp wrote:I'm not sure about this, but i remember times when i searched for a file and got a list of 100+ files with exactly the same size/filename, but match queue won't work then either
I.. haven't seen this behavior. Matching on exact filename and size is the only function of Match Queue. If you can reproduce this, make a bug report and upload both your Queue and the filelist in question, and it'll get fixed.
Wisp wrote:When the hashes are implemented
Used 0.307? They are.
Wisp wrote:would dc++ be able to always match queue? (even with totally different filenames/extensions, etc?)
Yes, this is one of the ways that Match Queue should be extended to deal with hashing. =)

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-03-16 15:44

Wisp wrote:I'm not sure about this, but i remember times when i searched for a file and got a list of 100+ files with exactly the same size/filename, but match queue won't work then either)
I've seen this behaviour, BUT, it has always been for me when the files weren't actually the same size. Did you look in the Exact Size column, not the usual Size one? There is usually a difference of a couple of bytes, either because one of the sources is incomplete or because someone repacked a compressed file or similar.

Wisp

Post by Wisp » 2004-03-17 04:31

Todi wrote:
Wisp wrote:I'm not sure about this, but i remember times when i searched for a file and got a list of 100+ files with exactly the same size/filename, but match queue won't work then either)
I've seen this behaviour, BUT, it has always been for me when the files weren't actually the same size. Did you look in the Exact Size column, not the usual Size one? There is usually a difference of a couple of bytes, either because one of the sources is incomplete or because someone repacked a compressed file or similar.
I'm aware of that, in the past I searched for a well known file, then i sorted the results on size, then i picked the first one in the list. In a lot of cases this ment that the file was like 3 bytes bigger than the rest, and that's why dc++ wouldn't download the file while everybody seem to have it

but now i always check if the file has the most common size, and still a lot of times he won't match cueue...

Wisp

Post by Wisp » 2004-03-17 04:48

GargoyleMT wrote:I.. haven't seen this behavior. Matching on exact filename and size is the only function of Match Queue. If you can reproduce this, make a bug report and upload both your Queue and the filelist in question, and it'll get fixed.
Ok, the next time i see it I will post it
Used 0.307? They are.
I haven't tried it.. usually dc++ gives an alert when a new versions is ready, but I haven't noticed anything..
Yes, this is one of the ways that Match Queue should be extended to deal with hashing. =)
=)

Wisp

Post by Wisp » 2004-03-17 05:08

-edit-