future dc++

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

[BBB]NeoMtx

future dc++

Post by [BBB]NeoMtx » 2004-03-06 06:37

Add total sharing when searching for hubs. ex name bla bla description bla bla Users bla bla adress bla bla (New feature) TB bla bla
Also add that when searching for files, folders size is shown instead of having to download a folder and guesing the size.
If this forum is the right one to write these ideas please somebody confirm, if not also confirm. Dc++ user - [BBB]NeoMtx

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Re: future dc++

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-03-06 12:35

[BBB]NeoMtx wrote:Add total sharing when searching for hubs.
Why does it matter how much they're sharing? If they've got the file(s) you need and have an open slot thats all that matters.
[BBB]NeoMtx wrote:Also add that when searching for files, folders size is shown instead of having to download a folder and guesing the size.x
Yea, this feature would be nice.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-03-06 12:42

BSOD2600 wrote:
[BBB]NeoMtx wrote:Also add that when searching for files, folders size is shown instead of having to download a folder and guesing the size.x
Yea, this feature would be nice.
XML File lists. Heh. :)

At the moment it's

Code: Select all

<Directory Name="stuff">
I don't think it'll be too long before it becomes

<Directory Name="stuff" size="1234567890">
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

[BBB]NeoMtx

Post by [BBB]NeoMtx » 2004-03-09 12:35

BSOD2600 wrote:
[BBB]NeoMtx wrote:Add total sharing when searching for hubs.
Why does it matter how much they're sharing? If they've got the file(s) you need and have an open slot thats all that matters.
It does matter because the more TB sharing the better results and chance of people having what u want. The most important in hubs is TB sharing and speed (connection). Anybody agrees or disagrees, feel free to reply.
Then about the files and slots, how should I know where for example Scary Movie 3-good quality is? I can't filter public hubs right? The same for slots.
Then again, is this the place to write these ideas or am I just debating with people like me, who temporary can't change dc++ in any way (no offense). Please reply and confirm AND tell me to who I should write this to. -[BBB]NeoMtx

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-03-09 13:06

TheParanoidOne wrote:XML File lists. Heh. :)

At the moment it's

<Directory Name="stuff">
I don't think it'll be too long before it becomes

<Directory Name="stuff" size="1234567890">
Yea, that would be nice too ;)
[BBB]NeoMtx wrote:It does matter because the more TB sharing the better results and chance of people having what u want.
Not always. Showing the full share size of the person or of all the hubs is not essential or really even relivant to searching for file(s) that you want. Yes its likey someone with a 500GB share will have the file you want instead of a 5GB share, but I still don't see how showing their size will make a lick of difference when performing a search.
[BBB]NeoMtx wrote:Then about the files and slots, how should I know where for example Scary Movie 3-good quality is? I can't filter public hubs right? The same for slots.
huh? Thats what the search is for... to find files across all hubs that you're connected to.
[BBB]NeoMtx wrote:is this the place to write these ideas or am I just debating with people like me, who temporary can't change dc++ in any way
This is one of the places to talk about new/wanted features. I am not a programmer, but several of them do read this forum and incorperate good ideas.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-03-11 20:46

[BBB]NeoMtx wrote:Add total sharing when searching for hubs. ex name bla bla description bla bla Users bla bla adress bla bla (New feature) TB bla bla
DC++ doesn't have control over which columns are included in the public hub lists. Gadget's XML hublist may have this column, but I'm not sure it does.
[BBB]NeoMtx wrote:If this forum is the right one to write these ideas please somebody confirm, if not also confirm.
This is the feature tracker:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_ ... tid=427635
(A link to it is on "File > Request a Feature" in DC++)
If you submit duplicate requests, I will close them, so please search first.