I really need these new features!

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

GG

I really need these new features!

Post by GG » 2003-02-11 12:23

I hope you could incorporate it in future version. These features are:

* In the download queue list, sometimes I download an entire folder, or more, these folders even have their own subfolders. So if I changed my mind and didn't want to have them, I need to delete them from my queue. The problem is, I have to manually select and delete them all ONE BY ONE!!! Isn't it possible to somehow use the "alt cltr" button and select them all?? like in windows? and then press "delete" and they ALL will be gone?.
* The search for "username" option.
* Bring back the Icon "green yellow red" for that users speed in the search list.
* In the download queue list, instead of "set priority" lowest to highest, could'nt we have numbers? 0 is pause 1 is lowest, and for instance 100 is highest?? only 5 options are too few!

Arggh, sorry but I had more in my mind, just forgot them right now, I'll be back and post more when I remember them.
later

GG

Post by GG » 2003-02-11 12:26

oh yes I remembered one more

*Ignore user's annoying PM!!
There is a hub that had a bot that keep PM me about "welcome to this cool hub press +rules for rules". I don't know why but I get this PM from that bot like every 5 min! I'd love to ignore him like in Mirc and every other chat progs. thanks

KLesK

Post by KLesK » 2003-02-11 15:39

GG wrote:oh yes I remembered one more

*Ignore user's annoying PM!!
There is a hub that had a bot that keep PM me about "welcome to this cool hub press +rules for rules". I don't know why but I get this PM from that bot like every 5 min! I'd love to ignore him like in Mirc and every other chat progs. thanks
if you go to settings | advanced | 'popop private message' and unselect this, it will go direct to mainchat and doesn't disturb you :D

sarf

Re: I really need these new features!

Post by sarf » 2003-02-12 15:38

GG wrote:[more explorer-look-alike interface]
Convince arnetheduck to consider directories as files in the download queue and you should have no problem. Be more specific. Give solutions.
GG wrote:* The search for "username" option.
This function already exists in MoGlo. It is more fitting for it to be in a search application for DC than in DC++. I, for one, prefer my programs to do a number of things good instead of doing many things badly. As far as I've seen, MoGlo works beautifully as a search application for DC, and it is easy to use MoGlo to search for people and things. Better for it to be seperated, easy to use than incorporated and buggy... as arnetheduck certainly won't get more time available to use for this feature.
GG wrote:* In the download queue list, instead of "set priority" lowest to highest, could'nt we have numbers? 0 is pause 1 is lowest, and for instance 100 is highest?? only 5 options are too few!
And would all these one hundred alternatives be presented as they are now? Should a few presets exist? User specified or hardcoded? Perhaps with a "Set priority to..." menu-choice? Be specific, otherwise you will not get people interested enough in your feature to get off their backs and code it for you... as you are trying to convince people to do work for you.

Last but not least, motivating people to do things will make those things happen sooner than whining about them, something few people discover, especially bosses and managers.

Sarf
---
Sure I believe in peace. Peace through superior firepower.

fregu334

Post by fregu334 » 2003-02-15 15:24

queue list!

I want a choice to always download the files in the order you put them in your share. Maybe the best way (to please all ppl) would be to implement a little "settings bar" in the queue window, to make the queue behave the way you want it to. :)
CyberAL @ TropiCo.se

GG

Post by GG » 2003-02-15 19:52

Sarf, thank you for enlighten me. Sorry about that previous attitude.

I'll try to be more specific and certainly I will make the programmers want to incorporate these new features, which will make our leeching/sharing life better :D

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: I really need these new features!

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-02-15 20:14

sarf wrote:Be specific, otherwise you will not get people interested enough in your feature to get off their backs and code it for you... as you are trying to convince people to do work for you.

Last but not least, motivating people to do things will make those things happen sooner than whining about them, something few people discover, especially bosses and managers.
This is, perhaps, the most awesome thing I've read all day. I hope you non-coders out there grok this. (This should be kept somewhere for posterity, if not in one of the sticky threads.)