Req...Toogle Share folder.....

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

jaymo

Req...Toogle Share folder.....

Post by jaymo » 2004-03-01 13:52

It has been increasingly more common it seem to me anyway that alot more hub require certain things for you to particpate in there hub. one being the enclusion of certain files and the exclusion of others...IE audio hubs sharing audio only.. cad hubs share cad only. and the abundance of triger happy ops just icth'n to kick and ban. It would be a nice feature to be able to "turn off " certain folders in certain hub. as of right now the only wayis to remove the offending folder when you enter a hub and then re add it later. so my request is this..
1. make folder toggleable either global or maybe a preferance setting for indavidual hubs. so different hubs would only show the appropriete share

cheers for a great app keep up the good work :!: :D :!:

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-03-01 15:05

"Different shares for different hubs" is a rejected feature. Search the Features section for the reasons why.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

Twink

Post by Twink » 2004-03-01 16:04

however if in settings there were little tick boxes next to the shares letting you turn them on and off for all hubs it might be handy. It can be a hassle clicking remove then later going back through add folder again just because you wanted to checkout a few hubs that dont allow sharing of X.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-03-01 16:12

Agreed. Makes sense.

DC++ Guide | Words

Twink

Post by Twink » 2004-03-01 21:23

TheParanoidOne wrote:Agreed. Makes sense.
Well I got bored between classes so instead of working I made a patch to allow turn off/on of shares. I've got a diff below, it would be nice if someone tested it (hint hint TheParanoidOne) its based on the latest public cvs. Probably needs a few changes so I didn't want to submit it to arne quite yet :wink:

Note: All this does is let you enable/disable certain shares for ALL hubs, so you dont have to remove/add them again. (hmm maybe i should have made a new thread for this instead?)

http://twink.orcon.net.nz/patches/ShareTickBoxes.diff

(removed text of patch, since twink cannot edit it - gargoylemt)

Twink

Post by Twink » 2004-03-01 21:28

You know, funny thing is I might have totally forgotten to stop the directory being added to the filelist and searches... umm oops, does the size thing and saves whether the directory is shared or not nicely, guess I'll fix this after my next class :oops:

Twink

Post by Twink » 2004-03-01 21:51

Ok, I updated the patch on the site to build filelists correct, but I'll need help working out how to do it with searches.

Also if a helpful mod could remove the patch code (not the link) that I put in my post it would be great (i can't edit it)

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-03-01 22:14

Here's the RFE for this that I've been keeping around:

[ 664284 ] Easier sharing selector

I imagine it to be some crazy file tree browser. This patch seems like it's quite an improvement over the current scheme for people who have to share/unshare content often.

Getting this to work on the fly with searches might be difficult, unless you just ignore the false positive hits the bloom filter will generate...

Twink

Post by Twink » 2004-03-02 05:43

well to be honest I didn't even understand the search code, I didn't spend too much time looking at it. Are the bloom filter things not regenerated when the search is refreshed? as ignoring the search would be hard as identifying if the item is in a disabled child folder might be alittle annoying

jaymo

Post by jaymo » 2004-03-02 07:11

The Tick box thing would be good enough. i read the reasoning for the no different sharesfor different hbs and makes since i guess.

About this patch though, How do i implement it. i dont mind testing it just need to know how to add it to dc++

cheers

Jaymo

Lightning Man

Post by Lightning Man » 2004-03-02 09:34

This would be perfect if you can do it, guys. One of my Ops for [particular game hub with very limited files allowed] also downloads [files I won't say to protect the guilty] and he's constantly adding and removing folders "permanently" every time he switches. He doesn't expect to be in both simultaneously, but click on / click off would make switching a lot easier.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-03-02 14:24

jaymo wrote:About this patch though, How do i implement it. i dont mind testing it just need to know how to add it to dc++
source code + patch + compiler + compiling --> DC++ with new feature.

More or less. :)

DC++ Guide | Words