Kick fakeshareusers automatic

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

KLesK

Post by KLesK » 2003-02-10 08:10

i want a OP-feature that kicks a users that doesn't fill up the sharelimit in the hub(s)
(option to set a 'autoban ip' and 'ban username' also)

I have used DC and DC++ for almost 2 years, and i am Operator on 3hubs, doesn't want more 'cause it to much work as it is with the one i have it on :)

i have alot of ideas that could make it much better for the DC community, exept for the fakers out there ;)

The idéa is simple for those who can handle 'handshake-funktions' (like DC++ Client Detection mod,that kicks clients that are not accepted like dc++k, dc++ blue!, and so on)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my request !

Extend the 'favorite hub properties' with minimum share limit i.e 70GB (the dialogbox that you fill in username/password in every hub in favourites)

and when the client connects to the hub it make a handshake to every users except Operators and users that you don't want to search on i.e 'opchat' [VIP]users and so on.

the users who didn't share atleast 70GB get kicked automatically like this:

[16:44:24] <[OP]erator> [OP]erator is kicking [BBB]Nisse because: (auto) minimum share 70GB, you're sharing 0byte
[16:44:24] <Hub-Security> The user [BBB]nisse was kicked by [OP]erator. IP: 213.114.11.231

[16:44:27] <[OP]erator> [OP]erator is kicking [BBB]Loa because: (auto) minimum share 70GB, you're sharing 13,2GB
16:44:27] <Hub-Security> The user [BBB]Loa was kicked by [OP]erator. IP: 213.114.11.233

[16:44:31] <[OP]erator> [OP]erator is kicking [BBB]Kjell-Henry because: (auto) minimum share 70GB, you're sharing 21GB
[16:44:31] <Hub-Security> The user [BBB]Kjell-Henry was kicked by [OP]erator. IP: 213.114.11.213

(the client DOESN'T goes what it says on 'shared' in userlist, it take his sharesize without browsing via the handshakething)

i write it down in swedish to ( it's hard to write in english for me :/ )

'kicka fakeshare users automatiskt'. option att kunna sätta en 'auto ban IP' och 'ban username')

Jag skulle vilja ha en klient som fungerar som 'DC++ Client detection Mod', att den kör en s.k handshake mot klienterna en efter en för att kolla om dom är fakeshare-users.
Hur det skulle fungera har jag funderat på,men tror mig kommit på en lösning till detta

Låt oss säga att [BBB]Nisse på 'dc-hub1' 'delar' 87,14GB enligt 'shared' i userlist-fältet, men när man browsar hans share så visas det ett helt annat värde exempelvis 0byte . Tänkte att man kunde utöka 'favorite hub properties' med att kunna fylla in minimum share size för respektive hub i favoriter så borde det inte vara så svårt.

Att 'dc-hub1' har en minimum share på 70GB, så fyller man i det under sitt nick & lösenord i 'favorite hub properties'

sen när man ansluter till hubben så kan man klicka på en knapp eller om det startar automatiskt att den skickar ett handslag till varje user (bortsett OP's & 'users' man inte vill ta med ex: opchat, [VIP] osv'), en efter en.

Dom som INTE uppfyller kriterierna med att dela 70GB som jag tog som exempel, kommer att kickas för fakeshare. & så fort en till user loggar in i hubben så kollas dom, man kan ju bocka i 'show joins' i dc++,så man tycker att man borde gå efter den listan vilka users som kommer in & kickas efterssom ifall dom inte uppfyller sharelimit på respektive hub.

( programmet går alltså inte genom vad som visas shared-fältet i userlist, utan det som visas när man är väl inne hos den usern, därför måste man kunna ha en handshake-funktion som sköter detta, så man slipper browsa en efter en hela tiden. )

och exempel på kickmesset skulle bli nåt sånt hade jag tänkt mig

[16:44:24] <[OP]erator> [OP]erator is kicking [BBB]Nisse because: (auto) minimum share 70GB, you're sharing 0byte
[16:44:24] <Hub-Security> The user [BBB]nisse was kicked by [OP]erator. IP: 213.114.11.231

[16:44:27] <[OP]erator> [OP]erator is kicking [BBB]Loa because: (auto) minimum share 70GB, you're sharing 13,2GB
16:44:27] <Hub-Security> The user [BBB]Loa was kicked by [OP]erator. IP: 213.114.11.233

[16:44:31] <[OP]erator> [OP]erator is kicking [BBB]Kjell-Henry because: (auto) minimum share 70GB, you're sharing 21GB
[16:44:31] <Hub-Security> The user [BBB]Kjell-Henry was kicked by [OP]erator. IP: 213.114.11.213

Den funktionen skulle rocka väldigt mycket 8)

Tack på förhand /KLesK

P.S tror det skulle vara bättre med att klienterna har den funktionen än att det ska läggas ett script som man kör in i hubdatorn, ju mer script desto sämre blir det D.S

sarf

Re: Kick fakeshareusers automatic

Post by sarf » 2003-02-11 10:05

KLesK wrote:[snip Kick fakeshareusers automatically]
First of all, you'd need to download the file list for this to work. Perhaps this is what you mean by "handshaking", but the truth is that the only thing you can get from handshaking is the lock/pk values, as well as the $Support string from extended clients, of course.
KLesK wrote:[translated by Sarf, all mistakes mine]
P.S.
I think it would be better for the clients to have this functionality than putting it as a script on the hub, since scripts tend to slow down the hub
D.S
I do agree that using a client is much better than using the hub, if for no other reason than it gives you the option to distribute the work load (remember, the client could be run on the hub as well).

I would prefer this to be a "mod" just as the Client Detection Mod, since 95% of all DC++ users would find it meaningless. In fact, this could be done quite easily using 0.181 based source-code and simply putting this in.

Of course, this feature requires some further thought - what happens if a user does not have a slot free? Should the share be examined by the rules of a normal DC++ client (e.g. no dupes allowed) thus kicking people that - by mistake or unfortunae - have several large files with the same size, resulting in a total share size below what is specified?
Perhaps some timeouts should be implemented - a maximum time a client can spend in the hub without getting its filelist checked due to no available slots?

I would recommend you to contact the author of the "Client Detection Mod" and ask him/her/it to put in a share validator as a first step. This would get rid of most persons that fake their shares. Getting rid of all will be impossible as it seems likely that someone will create a "share generator DC++ client" that would generate a share to a certain size that would look good on the surface and implement slot-locking as well as certain naughty share-filtering (having no files below 16k in size, for example) to create an illusion of sharing. An esoteric solution, but possible.

Just my five "ören".

Sarf
---
Turn on, log in, fight spam.

Gadget

Post by Gadget » 2003-02-12 19:57

Check Ragnarock out