multiple configs per Hub

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Wo0dy@lien

multiple configs per Hub

Post by Wo0dy@lien » 2003-02-09 09:35

i have this problem in DC++,international Download Limits so
i cant hang on much time in a international hub, only firewalled hubs for my country, Portugal.
what i wanted is something i thk is simple to do, we can use a diferent nick for each hub,why not use a dif. configuration, a diferent share,etc. What i really wanted is that i could force DC++ not to search for alternate sources in hub A (international) but do the usual in Hub B (PT firewalled Hub), becouse there are some ppl in that international hub who i know is PT, so i can download from them ..but DC++ goes sniffing all ...and fucks my Int.Dl.Limit.

and also why not a seperate download Queue, with options to join them...
i think this multi-functions are very usefull..i hope i made myself somewhat clear....
:oops: :lol:

sarf

Re: multiple configs per Hub

Post by sarf » 2003-02-10 07:48

Wo0dy@lien wrote:[snip "me want different shares in each hub" feature]
There is one reason why this is hard to do :
It requires that the code for the share handling to be seperated and changed for very little gain. What you can do is simply run two instances of DC++... Now, I don't know if this supposed to get out or anything, but the simplest way to make this happen is by editing DCPlusPlus.exe, searching for the string "{DCPLUSPLUS-" (without "s). Change it to "{DCGLUGGLUG-" or whatnot then save it as DCPlusPlus2.exe or whatever. Put that file in another directory then copy your settings to it and change the active port (if you use active mode). Done. Now you should have two DC++ exe files that can be run independently.
Yes, this means you have to do some work, but it is insignificant enough that "fixing" the share manager is quite a bit harder to do.

Sarf
---
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.