ip auto detection and whole directory downloads

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

h0mersimps0n84

ip auto detection and whole directory downloads

Post by h0mersimps0n84 » 2003-02-07 00:26

i am behind a router, and although i have set my router to just forward everything recieved to the external ip to my computer i still have a problem which does not occur with regular DC

i HAVE to put in my ip every time i connect or else passive mode doesnt work........and i have a dynamic ip so this can get annoying........

im just wondering/hoping if its not too much trouble that someone put in a server side ip detector or something like that...........so that it automatically detects my ip and i dont need to be putting my external ip into the ip setting thing in dc++........

thanks..........that and also change it so that when u select whole directory to download it makes a new folder for the whole directory and it literally downloads the whole directory instead of skipping all files that are not mp3s......this really is annoying.........it would be so much easier to search for an album and download it by clicking download whole directory than it is to individually go and select all files including the m3u, md5, and log files that go along with the albums........

ok those are my 2 suggestions for features........ oh and if possible get rid of the queue feature its annoying! i know a guy who has 75 queues......no way in hell im waiting for my turn to get a slot open........they do have a hammer button in regular DC for a reason!

kender

Post by kender » 2003-02-11 19:05

KLesK

Post by KLesK » 2003-02-11 20:10