automatic disconnect

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

ravanelli

automatic disconnect

Post by ravanelli » 2003-12-15 06:28

Somes times for many reason you are disconected from a hub you are downloading from
-connection reset by machine
- hub temporary full
and many others reason
Sometimes you are obliged to deconnect yourself
-obligation to reboot
-search in a forth hub (gereally you cannot connect to more than 3 hubs)
-freese of dc++
In all that case if you are downloading from an user who has cheked "automatic update stop in case of leaving the hub" you lost your download
May be it will be better to heve "automatic update stop in case of leaving the hub more than 15 minutes"
I think it will be more equitable
Sorry for my english
Thanks

Qbert

Post by Qbert » 2003-12-15 07:32

ravanelli wrote:In all that case if you are downloading from an user who has cheked "automatic update stop in case of leaving the hub" you lost your download
I think thats pretty explicit on the part of the person your downloading from. They may feel that you should be in the hub actively sharing if you expect to download from them.

However I see good point in your request. I think its should be kept as is per downloading, but if queue's were available for the uploading party, then keeping you in priority queue for 15min would be beneficial, (and also help if for some reason you just plain get disconnected from the hub or your network connection.)

TheNOP

Post by TheNOP » 2003-12-15 08:09

i thinks DC++ already have this feature.
if disconnect from hub and reconnect inside 10 mins, DC++ grant a slot to those that where disconnect due to hub disconnection.
TheNOP

Have you read the FAQ?
Or the sticky ? It might give you idea.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-12-17 11:51

TheNOP wrote:i thinks DC++ already have this feature.
if disconnect from hub and reconnect inside 10 mins, DC++ grant a slot to those that where disconnect due to hub disconnection.
Yes, granting a disconnected user a slot is a behavior of DC++. This slot times out in 10 minutes. This is an off-cited complaint by people who see negative slots, but don't understand that this is one of the consequences of "disconnect users who leave the hub."