Auto Filelist Download is Excessive

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

jbyrd

Auto Filelist Download is Excessive

Post by jbyrd » 2003-12-10 00:36

changelog wrote:* Added option to automatically download filelist and match it on autosearch match. This will dramatically speed up
autosearching, lessening the strain on the hubs as less searches have to be done.
This feature is all and well. Maybe I am confused, but I am downloading 40+ filelists from the same person (within a few hours). This seems quite excessive.

Is it possible to lower the strain on the hubs in another manner?

For instance, would it be possible to only autosearch newcomers to the hub? I don't see most people having an updated share very often, so only autosearching newcomers would avoid quering all of the users that have already "said" they didn't have the file.

If the feature must be left as is, would it be possible to add a "filelist" folder in the finished downloads/ window? My finished downloads folder is too cluttered to spot the downloads that I am interested in.
Hehe.

Twink

Post by Twink » 2003-12-10 01:26

filelists should be downloaded to the filelist folder so I'm not sure what u meant by the folder thing.

However, if it does download the same list mutliple times in one hour then that is exessive =(, My suggested idea was to not download the list if the user is already a alternate for the download (ie only get it when u realise they have files that you dont have them as a alternate for), that might fix a few things.

You can't choose who to autosearch (unless u meant automatch) as thats a hub side change. Its a new feature so yeah could be improved a bit but I think its a great start and I love it.

jbyrd

Post by jbyrd » 2003-12-10 03:00

filelists should be downloaded to the filelist folder so I'm not sure what u meant by the folder thing.
I want there to be a folder named "filelists" that all filelists would be put in, so they don't clutter up the finished dowloads window.

I love it, as well. I just think that 24 filelist downloads from 1 person in 1 hour is a bit much.
Hehe.

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-12-10 06:10

jbyrd wrote:I want there to be a folder named "filelists" that all filelists would be put in
Filelists are already beeing put in a seperate folder, the folder called filelist in your dc++ install dir.

Twink

Post by Twink » 2003-12-10 06:44

i think he means in the finished downloads window.

jbyrd

Post by jbyrd » 2003-12-10 09:43

I wrote:so they don't clutter up the finished dowloads window.
:D
Hehe.