The downloading of filelists

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

gemmell1

The downloading of filelists

Post by gemmell1 » 2003-12-07 13:53

I originally reported this as a bug in 0.305 http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=6693 due to not reading the changelog in detail. However i now think this is a good idea, but would like to see a few changes.

As Twink says:
Twink wrote:I really like this feature except for the fact that it puts the filelists in finished downloads when they're finished, which makes sense except makes it hard to find ones that I downloaded myself
Could we also make the transfers invisible on the File List queue and the actual transfer window?

This, i agree is not a major feature but more of an aesthetic thing. I mean, do we actually need to know this information as long as it works?

Comments.....

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Re: The downloading of filelists

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-12-07 14:30

gemmell1 wrote:Could we also make the transfers invisible on the File List queue and the actual transfer window?
I agree that this would be aesthetically more pleasing, but I predict it would then introduce a rash of post with people complaining about DC++ using up bandwidth even when "nothing" is happening. Remember that some file lists will only start downloading when the other user has free slots. This may be a significant time after the user has completed their request for a search for alternates.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

gemmell1

Post by gemmell1 » 2003-12-07 15:01

Fair comment.

I can see your point about the posts. So something needs to be "shown" to be happening.

What about generic upload/download bars for that purpose? That way there would be only 2 extra rows in the transfer window, even if they could be more or less constantly going up/down. Maybe an option to show them or not?

Removing them from finished downloads should be implemented though.

I don't even know if that is possible, but it would restore dc++ to the "clean lines", (for want of a better phrase), that it was.