Continue file that has been most downloaded

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

gLes

Continue file that has been most downloaded

Post by gLes » 2003-12-06 11:49

Hi!

I think I've already asked about this feature, but now since there's new related feature implemented in version 0.305, I'll ask again.

So how about that files that have the higher "Downloaded bytes" value would recieve higher priority when downloading? So like when I start downloading an album, then stop for some reason, then I resume later then DC starts to download another file rather than the one already started...:) Understand what I say?:) I'm sometimes very confusing:)

Best regards,
gLes

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-12-06 12:44

To use downloaded bytes wouldn't be an good idea because then would a 10% completed 600 mb file get higher priority then a 80% downloaded 3 mb file. To get it work perhaps you should use "downloaded bytes"/"exact size" and thne use the value you get from this division to set priority.

gLes

Post by gLes » 2003-12-21 12:30

joakim_tosteberg wrote:To use downloaded bytes wouldn't be an good idea because then would a 10% completed 600 mb file get higher priority then a 80% downloaded 3 mb file. To get it work perhaps you should use "downloaded bytes"/"exact size" and thne use the value you get from this division to set priority.
Yeah great, but like I thought this should be a per directory feature...directly because of such cases while album downloads and stuff:)))