Some issues with the newest version of DC++

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Deathbliss

Some issues with the newest version of DC++

Post by Deathbliss » 2003-11-29 04:27

Just a few minor gripes at this point:

#1. You used to be able to go into your Favorites tab and click on Auto Connect/Name to sort everything by name. It would be nice to have this once again.

#2. Sometimes when I Close Connection on someone who is downloading from me it fails to close. It should immediatly close the connection I select once I have chosen that option.

#3. Weird search results now... Getting some song titles that end in .mp_ and look like folders even though I've seached only for songs. What's up with that?

#4. Easier Hub List manipulation needed - maybe a drop down list of the best Hub Lists out there that can be selected, and if one is down it'll auto-connect to the next one. I don't know - something better is needed but I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

#5. A .bin seach option! Or better yet a search option for all image extensions!

OK, well that's all I have ATM except for one thing I'm not putting this in suggestions because I know everyone would hate it but I still have to express my desire to see some sort of in-program way to track someone you are downloading from - in case they move to another hub or something in the middle of your download so you can continue the download. But that's my opinion, and I'm not making this a request, so don't go bashing me and loosing the point of my legitimate and proper requests.

Thanks for the great program! I see Neo Modus FINALLY upgraded Direct Connect but it's far too late now! DC++ RULES!!!
- Deathbliss

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-11-29 05:05

A lot of what you are talking about has already been mentioned.
Deathbliss wrote:#1. You used to be able to go into your Favorites tab and click on Auto Connect/Name to sort everything by name. It would be nice to have this once again.
Sort favourites in newer verison!? + others
Deathbliss wrote:#2. Sometimes when I Close Connection on someone who is downloading from me it fails to close. It should immediatly close the connection I select once I have chosen that option.
re users
Deathbliss wrote:#3. Weird search results now... Getting some song titles that end in .mp_ and look like folders even though I've seached only for songs. What's up with that?
Sticky: Files shown as dirs

As for the rest ...
Deathbliss wrote:#4. Easier Hub List manipulation needed - maybe a drop down list of the best Hub Lists out there that can be selected
It's been requested before:
[ 716256 ] Multiple hublists
[ 815371 ] Public Hubs list URL dropdown
... and so on.
Deathbliss wrote: if one is down it'll auto-connect to the next one.
This already exists. Add a list of addresses seperated by a semicolon.
Deathbliss wrote:#5. A .bin seach option!
How is this different from any other search?
Deathbliss wrote:Or better yet a search option for all image extensions!
AFAIK, not possible with the current protocol. There can only be eight "types" of thing.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

Deathbliss

Uh... Jeeze...

Post by Deathbliss » 2003-11-29 22:29

Well I guess I deserve to look like an idiot for not searching. SIGH... SSDD - what does it stand for everyone? Anyhow thanks for the reply and helpful info! Now if only I could find a forum covering 3DS Max with even half that enthusiam...

:/
- Deathbliss

Sedulus
Forum Moderator

Post by Sedulus » 2003-11-29 23:31

TheParanoidOne wrote:
Deathbliss wrote:Or better yet a search option for all image extensions!
AFAIK, not possible with the current protocol. There can only be eight "types" of thing.
yes and no..
TheParanoidOne is correct when saying "the current protocol".

BCDC++ has already stolen the ninth number for (TTH) hash searching.
in theory, there is no problem assigning an nth number for image files. in practice though, it will mean that you'll only get responses from clients that support that nth number (which in the case of BCDC++'s hashing search is no problem, as no other clients would respond to a hash search anyways, while other clients will respond to an 'any'-search with 'bin' as one of its arguments)
http://dc.selwerd.nl/hublist.xml.bz2
http://www.b.ali.btinternet.co.uk/DCPlusPlus/index.html (TheParanoidOne's DC++ Guide)
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/dc (BSOD2600's Direct Connect FAQ)