Better control over autosearch feature

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

ocke

Better control over autosearch feature

Post by ocke » 2003-11-25 18:38

Since autosearch is in there, couldn't you add some way of directing the autosearch function?

I've got a couple of suggestions:

#1 - A way of turning off autosearch for whole directories or groups of files, so autosearch could focus on what you REALLY want.

#2 - A gui solution to autosearching rar-sets, like a field which displays
search string when multiple files are highlighted and groups them to one search instead of ten. This is possible now by deleting searchstring in 9 out of 10 files i guess, but not really easily manageable.

#3 - A way of telling how long a full rotation of autosearches through filelist will take, which should be easily calculated. Maybe even a log-option for searches and results? Might be a little much, but it could be useful.

Feedback on these would be great, i'm not exactly a hardened dc user.

schûss
--
ocke

ocke

Post by ocke » 2003-11-25 18:52

And in the first suggestion i mean turn on off with a checkbox or something so the on/off status is visible. Or colourcode it.

Also a way of starting at a certain point in autosearch loop would be great.

Talking to myself again, sorry about the two posts.

Saurod

Post by Saurod » 2003-11-29 02:52

#1 - A way of turning off autosearch for whole directories or groups of files, so autosearch could focus on what you REALLY want.
You can turn off Use default search strings in auto search when no string is specified. Then you will have to set the search string for the things you really want. You can also pause the downloads you're not that interested in.
#2 - A gui solution to autosearching rar-sets, like a field which displays
search string when multiple files are highlighted and groups them to one search instead of ten. This is possible now by deleting searchstring in 9 out of 10 files i guess, but not really easily manageable.
I've definitely been thinking about it. I will implement it, sooner or later...
#3 - A way of telling how long a full rotation of autosearches through filelist will take, which should be easily calculated. Maybe even a log-option for searches and results? Might be a little much, but it could be useful.
Not going to happen. There is no full rotation except in very special cases. I can tell you this- there will be at least 60 minutes between searching for the same search string again, but there's no guarantee that a specific search string will be searched for at all! It's random.

lionelswingthing

Auto Search

Post by lionelswingthing » 2003-12-08 04:28

I am just wondering if the autosearch could be made to search all the time
what I mean is that at the moment I have to search for files that are in my download que and then the autosearch function seems to see the files and start downloading
is there a way to make the autosearch look for files in my que automaticly
hoping Lionel

Twink

Post by Twink » 2003-12-08 04:54

atm it searches for one file for alternates every minute (correct me if I'm wrong) so if you have a large list then it will take along time to search for alternates for all files, which is why the new auto filelist match queue feature is so good.