Easy to add but very important for...

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

motin

Easy to add but very important for...

Post by motin » 2003-02-02 15:27

... people using computers with very little ram (like when i try to use dcplusplus with my p133 server...) :

AUTO-ClOSE inactive windows...

I start DC++ and want to find a hub to be conntected to fastest possible. I doubleclick each item on the list (20+) and then have to close all windows that only say "Connection timeout" or "Connection refused by target machine". This is very annoying as it makes no sense to have these windows open and they take a lot from my computers resources, sometimes the whole thing even freezes...

AN EVEN BETTER IDEA, that would eliminate these problems as well, would be a "AUTO-CONNECT to X amount TB data" for example.

A button, when clicked, DC++ would try to connect to different hubs (hubs with low ping prioritized) and then close all windows but the ones that you are successfully connected to. DC++ will stop looking when the asked amount of data is available through x amount of these hubs...

I didnt check this last request already existed, so if it is a duplicate I apoligize, but nevertheless it is a very important feature!