Show only active transfers..

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

deesee++

Show only active transfers..

Post by deesee++ » 2003-11-07 03:38

How about an option to only show currently running transfers in the transfer window..?

As it is now my xfer window gets cluttered up with connection status messages.. Connecting..., Connection timeout..etc..

I have to scroll way down/up to see uploads/downloads and this status info is useless to me..
It would be much nicer to see only active transfers.
Like this:

Whadda think??

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-11-07 05:09

I think it would be better if first active downloads and uploads come and then everything else came after this. So teay are not removed, just a little reorganizing, because its good to know how many sources you have for a file this way and be able to use the commands in the dropdown menu on them.

distiller

Post by distiller » 2003-11-07 09:13

I think downloads/uploads/status should be separated entirley, 3 different tabs on the transfer window. Mostly I don't care about the uploads, nor about the connection messages. That way I can have the downloads only and forget about the rest... Maybe I'll fix that sometime in the future.

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-11-07 09:19

distiller wrote:I think downloads/uploads/status should be separated entirley, 3 different tabs on the transfer window. Mostly I don't care about the uploads, nor about the connection messages. That way I can have the downloads only and forget about the rest... Maybe I'll fix that sometime in the future.
Sounds nice :D

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-11-07 11:49

distiller wrote:I think downloads/uploads/status should be separated entirley, 3 different tabs on the transfer window. Mostly I don't care about the uploads, nor about the connection messages. That way I can have the downloads only and forget about the rest... Maybe I'll fix that sometime in the future.
Ugh, give me an option, please. The scheme you have is the same way NMDC and BlackDC seem to be layed out, and I do not prefer that over DC++'s method.

Furthermore, sorting by the "Status" column instead of the Nick one will cause active transfers to be grouped together, AFAIK.

If you must make a change, have a filter dialog with an option to hide each connection status ("No Slots" "Connecting" - "Download Finished, Idle..." shouldn't be an option, neither should "All download slots taken").

Feel free to code it any way you want, but the above is how I'd think of doing it.

deesee++

Post by deesee++ » 2003-11-07 19:50

Furthermore, sorting by the "Status" column instead of the Nick one will cause active transfers to be grouped together, AFAIK.
This is actually not the case..
The currently running xfers will be sorted but new status messages are placed before/between depending on the sort order (up/down)

Having 3 seperate tabs is a nice idea.. however, sometimes it is nice to see up/down together.. and everyone has diff layout preferences..

G-MT's option to filter each message type would be the best solution. Although i'd include all msg/xfer in the filters so it would be possible to filter out uploads/downloads aswell.. if you so desired..

Twink

Post by Twink » 2003-11-07 21:20

how bout a sub menu in the right click menu like

Code: Select all

Get FileList
Match Queue
View ->Show Downloads
           Show Uploads
           Show All Slots Taken
           Slow No Slots Available
I just listed a few of the strings it could be, probably would be better to group them into Downloads, Uploads, and waiting or something instead in the menu.