[Search] Only 'File', 'Sources', 'Available' and 'Size'

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-09-18 09:10

I don’t know if this was already suggested. I had made a search for it, but I didn’t find nothing (maybe I’m searching with the wrong words;))

Anyway, what I would like to suggest are some tiny modifications on the “search�.
In the dc++, when we make a search, we have these parameters: ‘User’; ‘File’; ’Type’; ’size’; ’Path’; ’slots’; ’Hub’; ’Exact size’…
What I’m suggesting is something that already exists in other Sharing programs (like winmx), that would be in the search rows appearing only ‘File’(this would be all files with the same file size in bytes and the same extension and it would appear there the most common file name), ‘Sources’(how many users with that “file�), ‘Available’(would count how many users with that “file� have free slots) and ‘size’. Than we could explore the search(in winMX exists a [+]), and when we do that we would have the ‘Nick’,’hub’… all parameters that already exists in the search.

So why should that exist? Well, when we do a search by a a movie we find a lot of different file names which correspond to the same file and we must or editing the file name(so when we do “Search for alternates� to have more hits) or just get one of the most common file names and downloading it… with this new form of Search, when we choose to download it would automatically give the most common file name and downloading it. I think that’s a simpler way to find and catalogue files we want to download, instead of having 20 or 30 results corresponding to the same…

Anyway is a suggestion…

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

(edit: fixed subject - GMT)

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-09-18 09:13

ups...

The topic Subject is incorrect :?

This would be the correct one ;)

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-09-18 11:29

The following thread seems to be what you are after:

[ 652713 ] group together same files in search
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words