Match Queue for all downloaded user file lists

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Stoic

Match Queue for all downloaded user file lists

Post by Stoic » 2003-08-28 09:57

Hi there,

I think it would be a 'nice to have' if you were able to do a 'Match Queue' on all user file lists that you have downloaded. Currently, the workaround is to open each user file list and perform the 'Match Queue' (or, alternatively, perform a 'Search Alternatives' per file in your DL queue :wink:, although it will only search in the hubs you are present in currently).

Actually, this feature could be a standalone program as well. It just needs to run a batch of 'Match Queue's. But the 'Match Queue' is already in place, so why not enhance it within DC++ :lol:.

Stoic

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-08-28 15:04

You might want to look at this thread.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

Stoic

Post by Stoic » 2003-08-29 04:03

TheParanoidOne wrote:You might want to look at this thread.
Thanks! (although the subject is not very descriptive - hence I couldn't find that thread by searching subjects with "Match Queue" ;-))

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-08-29 12:58

Agreed. The subject title was *not* original at all. :)

Anyway, seeing as it is being discussed in another thread, I will close this one.

[edit, by Sedulus]
personally.. I think the link contains good info (and a rather fun read ;) ), but a flaming session is not a good place to discuss features. this title is a more descriptive, and if there are more users and valid reasons, it'd be better discussed here. (if you don't mind :) )
[/edit]
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

Stoic

Post by Stoic » 2003-09-01 04:06

If my feature request is not clear enough, I'll elaborate on it a little more...

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-09-01 12:05

This is the same kind of request as gourmet came up with. Picking sources from old, outdated filelists. It is no good. I however have a suggestion that can make "match queueing" easier. It have probably been suggested before..

Today you have to manually download the filelist and press the "match queue" button. I want a the "match queue" -option in the search right click menue.

DC++ would download the filelist in the background and automaticly match it to the queue.

side note: this feature could be complemented with the already existing DC++k feature "Open downloaded filelist". An option that will appear in the nicklist right click menue on users that have a filelist in you filelist directory!
http://whyrar.omfg.se - Guide to RAR and DC behaviour!
http://bodstrom.omfg.se - Bodströmsamhället, Länksamling om hoten mot vår personliga integritet