A simple client BAN or IGNORE

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

LinkSync

A simple client BAN or IGNORE

Post by LinkSync » 2003-01-26 13:43

IT seems to me to add a ban of a user so they cant chat to u or get your list or d/l your files would be doable just on the client side as essentially it would be a filter only. Prolly wouldnt be too hard to have levels of ignore also like Ignore Chat and or Ignore Filesharing. You could even add a timer to it, like for 48 hours or whatever option you chose.

A good way to keep the peace and have a more enjoyable DC experience in my opinion. Hopefully it would lead to less kicking and banning from hubs as well, since we know that PEER PREASURE WORKS and rulez dont...
Imagine being welcomed to a hub and then soon having all the regular memebers of it have u on IGNORE fro being a lamer leech and rude to boot... :)
It could even be made so OPs and/or ADMins could not be IGNORED so that hub rights are preserved.
Just a thought...
TREEHOUSE.dns2go.com:411
[email protected]
Good Warez LINKS @ www.tree-house.info

ender

Post by ender » 2003-01-26 14:16

I don't think that's a good feature - a leecher could 'ban' everybody this way...

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2003-01-26 15:33

ignore in mainchat and pm is obvious a great idea and can easily be implimented. refusing download is impossible without refusing everyone to download from you.
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.

LinkSync

Post by LinkSync » 2003-01-28 18:36

refusing d/ls is same as hub refusing connection
just need the i.p.
right now i run i.p. bans in my wall or in my opsys if its more serious
so there is a way but its very cumbersome
as the issue of the leech banning everyone two things come to mind right away
1) if i ban u from me i also ban me from u (leech cant leech then)
2) if it wasnt bidirectional (it should be) then everyone ban the leech
:)
overall user controll is a good thing and fear of leeches isnt how to design, i think most users and hubs would and do handle the problem pretty well.
i just mail them copies of all the cds i have so they are done with me...lmao
i mean I WANT PPL TO GET MY FILES!
TREEHOUSE.dns2go.com:411
[email protected]
Good Warez LINKS @ www.tree-house.info

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-01-28 20:17

no, bad idea!

DC will turn into SoulSeek where people make their own rules up!

not a good idea at all!!!