Minimum dl speed option

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Jimmy2Times

Minimum dl speed option

Post by Jimmy2Times » 2003-07-30 08:24

Hi,

Would be great to have a minimum dl speed (in Kb or whatever) option. Where the client would automatically close the connection if the dl speed drops below, and stays below this bar for a certain (set) time.
This would only apply if there are alternative sources with free slots.

And one more thing.. ..what has happened to the dl speed display in v0.261. I notice that "time left" can be cut in half (or doubled) while dl speed remains almost untouched. Is it displaying avg since start of dl or why is it so stable and inaccurate?

Great prog btw!!

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-30 09:03

yes, you are the first person to suggest this, DC has been around for years and not until now did anyone come up with this, there aren't any posts what so ever regarding this subject in the forum.. plz DO NOT use the search!
http://whyrar.omfg.se - Guide to RAR and DC behaviour!
http://bodstrom.omfg.se - Bodströmsamhället, Länksamling om hoten mot vår personliga integritet

jbyrd

Post by jbyrd » 2003-07-30 09:15

Down Cyberal. Down Boy!

Don't mind him. He's an animal (as you can see by his avatar). :)

But, seriously. Do a search in the forum. It's located in the top portion of your screen.

Also check the features request tracker AND the rejected features tracker.

You have to understand, the people that regularly post on this forum get annoyed by multiple posts on the same topic.

Keep the feature requests coming, but make sure it's unique!

taz_eat

Post by taz_eat » 2003-07-30 21:33

LOL I was just gonna come in and suggest that, because I honestly have wanted this for the last I dont know couple months i just never came into the forum, BUT really I have had this idea i just dont know C very well to add it myself.