Disable my list from being searched?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

LinkSync

Disable my list from being searched?

Post by LinkSync » 2003-01-26 03:34

I would rather make ppl ask me for my list so that we have a better chance of getting to know each other and working together to make sure they get what they are wanting and also it gives me a better chance to help my friends infront of some user i dont know.
a favorite usre feature placing them ahead of users not on my favorites would be nice... maybe its there and i dont know it?
TREEHOUSE.dns2go.com:411
[email protected]
Good Warez LINKS @ www.tree-house.info

Erroneus

hell yeah :D

Post by Erroneus » 2003-01-26 07:43

Yeah just like in emule for donkey, where you can set your filelist only to be downloaded by friends.

Sascha

Post by Sascha » 2003-01-26 10:54

Nice idea but then you can´t used the "search alternative download location" feature.

LinkSync

Alternative Downloads Feature Etc.

Post by LinkSync » 2003-01-26 13:31

True In fact if i was allowed to disable my list from being searched i would expect i would be barred from using search also.
Thats only fair and i have no problems with that.
Mostly I am given things by Friends anymore and its very rare i do searches and such, been years even.
For me DCC send would be perfect addition to client.
I think alot of users get to be like me about things once the 1st few years of mad d/ling are over.
Especially if some of what you've gotten has really helped u in real life as in my case, then u want to help others and serving becomes alot more important than leeching.
Leeching is all good too tho! Dont get me wrong eh? We ALL ARE (or were) LEECHES. :)
I feel like people should be able to configure themselves is all.
We each know best for ourselves what works for us. Just dont get pissed at others that stop u from abusing them. It would be great if we had an ignore or client side ban too, so if anyone was to abuse u u could stop them cold and not see any bitching about it...hehehe
TREEHOUSE.dns2go.com:411
[email protected]
Good Warez LINKS @ www.tree-house.info

yilard

Re: Alternative Downloads Feature Etc.

Post by yilard » 2003-01-26 17:27

LinkSync wrote:True In fact if i was allowed to disable my list from being searched i would expect i would be barred from using search also.
Thats only fair and i have no problems with that.

So what the hell are you doing on public hubs?? People are usually there to share to each other, else it loses point.
If you want to share just to your friends go to private hub and get out of public hubs. It's that simple and nobody would accuse you of cheating.
In the age of super-boredom/hype and mediocrity/celebrate relentlessness/menace to society --KMFDM

TheekAzzaBreek

Post by TheekAzzaBreek » 2003-01-27 17:22

I agree with Yilard. If you don't want to share, or even don't want to be searched, DC is not for you. There is other software around more suitable for traders. I think the beauty of DC is partly that it makes life for fakers and traders harder. Not hard enough. though, imho.