feature request: ALIASES

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

MaZaKa98

feature request: ALIASES

Post by MaZaKa98 » 2003-07-08 05:09

Hello all,

I hoe I am right here...if not..then please move that topic to the right playe....THX

I already mentioned this in another thread, but since the one I spoke to doesnt have the time to do that...I will post that here again and hope, some coder will implent that in the next versions of dc++

My idea was to have the opportunity to create some aliases for specific commands...just like in Mirc...where u type /j for /join etc...

I think this is great to implent...since there are command, which are so long to type...e.g. in some modified clients, e.g. the command /startcontinuouschecking ...which could be executed with /scc or sc or whatever :)....just as the user wish to have the aliases he defined for that command.

so, I supposed there should be kind of a window/notepad withing dc++...where u just can add it (see Mirc)

well...I am not a coder...so I really have no IDEA how difficult it gonna be....all I know is I already have probs to compile the source :)

please let me know...if that is realizable or not okie....

feedback appreciated :)

MaZaKa98
...with great power...comes great responsibilities...

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: feature request: ALIASES

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-07-08 07:05

MaZaKa98 wrote:My idea was to have the opportunity to create some aliases for specific commands...just like in Mirc...where u type /j for /join etc...
Just look at WinUtil::checkCommand
so, I supposed there should be kind of a window/notepad withing dc++...where u just can add it (see Mirc)
Did you miss it? Or is the notepad feature not the same as you intend? It even has a nice blue notepad icon in the toolbar ;)