Auto grant certaint people a slot...

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

ZooR

Auto grant certaint people a slot...

Post by ZooR » 2003-07-02 06:46

Hi!

I would really like a new function in DC++. The function I'm searching for is the possibility to grant certaint people a slot. Sometimes users loose their slot which means that I for one is getting a couple of PM's from users that say's that I've closed their connection... which I haven't.

If there was a function that would make it possible for me to give certaint users auto-access to a slot even thought they reboot, leaves n' enter the hub, or whatever, it would make it alot more easy for me... and alot more users within DC.

Just wanted to hear what the people in here thinks about that idea...

// ZooRâ„¢

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Already requested numerous times

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-07-02 11:11

The Section Heading wrote:Features
Discuss your _controversial_ feature requests here! Check the feature request trackers at sf.net/projects/ dcplusplus first though!
Give a user a slot auto....

Plus, as mentioned in the thread above, it is already in the Feature Request Tracker.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

ToonGal

Don't hold your breath

Post by ToonGal » 2003-07-02 18:17

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum ... highlight=

Asked for this a couple of months ago, but no such luck. Other mods of DC++ do support this, but hard to convince anyone else to use them. Oh well. Don't hold your breath...

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: Don't hold your breath

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-07-04 09:51

ToonGal wrote:Asked for this a couple of months ago, but no such luck. Other mods of DC++ do support this, but hard to convince anyone else to use them. Oh well. Don't hold your breath...
Well, it's still an ugly hack, in many respects. I haven't re-visited it to clean it up. It's something that I don't use very often, so... ;)

You can always use CZDC or BCDC, which both have the option, but implemented different ways. It doesn't depend on the remote client at all, unless you're the one getting auto-granted the slot.