Icons, Toolbars & Windows

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

NanoFusion

Icons, Toolbars & Windows

Post by NanoFusion » 2003-06-10 01:06

These are one the minor things but it would really helpful if they can be addressed at some point:

I like that you can have the Menu bar and the Toolbar(icons) in the same pane (and it makes sense to do so since there is a lot more horizontal screen space available) but this change in Toolbar's position is lost once DC++ has been exited. So, it reverts back to its original position at startup.

Also, there is enough space here to have icons for every command under the File menu (I know most of you probably use the Hotkeys). Icons size could be customizable, Small and Large? The current size is large enough.

Moreover, when Windows are minimized, e.g Search, it should go down under the Tab at the bottom(above Status Bar) rather than set Window Size 0,0. The Title bar of these minimized windows should not be required if you have Tabs (that are more efficient). Clicking on the Tab toggles Minimize/Maximize stage, Right click Closes, so Title Bars of minimized windows are pretty useless.

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-10 10:04

True, i get your point, however, i can't see anything being done about it, unless some nice person sends arne a patch ;)

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-06-13 14:19

OLDoMiNiON wrote:True, i get your point, however, i can't see anything being done about it, unless some nice person sends arne a patch ;)
Well, actually, I've been playing with the toolbar a lot in my modification. I'll keep re-ordering the menu and toolbar in mind. I already picked up on a previous suggestion in the forum that the two options under the View menu are forgotten on startup.

Sidenote, if there are any graphic artists who read the forum and are interested in making new icons (maybe at the standard 24x24 size), drop me a PM. They'll at least have a chance of making it into my mod.

Once I'm happy with the state of things, I'll send Arne a patch, as per usual.

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-13 16:26

can i get a link to your Mod please mate.. if it is public that is ;)

What other stuff do you have in it?

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-06-13 16:29

OLDoMiNiON wrote:can i get a link to your Mod please mate.. if it is public that is ;)
It's public, but in my DC share. I'll put up a mini-page, without download links, sometime this weekend. In the meantime, I'm sharing in the Developer's Hub (see the sticky in the Protocol forum). (I prefer distribution by DC++, even though I have plenty of web space.)

Atomic Jo

Post by Atomic Jo » 2003-06-13 20:11

YOu can check the oDC code, it has changed the toolbar behavior.