View my shared files/queueing and listening via DC++

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

eee

View my shared files/queueing and listening via DC++

Post by eee » 2003-05-26 12:58

This may be a very simple request, maybe not. I'm sure people have asked for the first about three trillion times by now, but it would be handy to have quick access to my file list, via a button, or from the file menu. This is somewhat useless however, unless you're picky like me, and you want to make sure your list looks neat an clean :P

However, part two would make viewing your own file list worthwhile. If you're like me, you have 6 different things open at one time. The taskbar starts to get a little cluttered, and hard to get around at times like these, so my thought is that Windows Explorer menus could be added to the file list. At best, that is. Right-click on a folder, and the same menu pops up as would in explorer, so I don't have to open yet another window to queue up music, or make sure the video I just downloaded is good. If that's hard to pull off, maybe just add in somewhere where the default applications for music/video/documents could be specified? Just a thought, don't crucify me if it's hard. I only wish I knew anything about programming, so I could contribute, too. Thanks

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-05-26 13:11

The first thing already exists. File -> Open File List. Go up a folder and you should see MyList[a number].DcLst and MyList[a number].bz2

Open one of these and voila!

As for the second part, at the moment you will get the same options as you get with any file list. ie. Download, Download To ..., etc.
But you want your explorer commands, right?

I'm not sure how easy/hard this would be so I will leave that to someone far more knowledgable than me. :)
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

eee

Post by eee » 2003-05-26 21:28

Yes, I'm aware I can get to my list that way, but often there's more than one copy of it there, due to refreshing, etc. Now that I think about it, this idea would require the file list to be refreshed in real time, and i'm not sure how efficient that would be...

powerup25

Post by powerup25 » 2003-05-26 22:59

Better than this is to add the possibility to rigth click on myself in userlist, and the in get a file list, my own list coul be shown in this way or somthing like that