Show downloaded percentage in queue list

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

pensign

Show downloaded percentage in queue list

Post by pensign » 2003-05-06 07:31

I find that the greatest unknown for the dc++ user when using the downloads queue listing is: How much of this file has already downloaded? If there is 98% of a file already in my temp folder, I am likely to want the remainder downloaded, so the file can be completed. At the moment, I do not see any way of finding this out other than A) looking in the temporary folder; or B) getting the download started so the percentage is revealed. Does anyone else share this problem?

Splicer

Post by Splicer » 2003-05-06 13:46

Such a thing could be usefull in a lot of ways.
"Tomorrow sees undone, what happens not today. Indecision brings delays. Days lost lamenting lost days"

"I’m getting some kind of sick pleasure out of watching her squirm!?!........must be a perk!"

Nazo

Post by Nazo » 2003-05-11 12:44

Yeah, and it doesn't necessarily have to calculate the percentage for you even. If it could just say that you have, say 99MB out of 100MB, it would make a world of difference for me. I'm having to open an explorer window to the folder and check each of the different files I have for a certain download to figure out which one of them is closest to finished. (Sometimes I have to get multiple copies of the same file due to just being unable to tell which sources will work or not, and often I end up with a bunch of 1MB or so files and one that's nearly finished.)

distiller

Post by distiller » 2003-07-29 21:16

I have decided to make the "anti-frag" feature smarter. When that is done DC++ will know the downloaded size of all partial files natively.

It will be pretty easy then to add a percentage tab or maybe make the background of each queue item colored to the downloaded percentage like the connections are. But that is for someone else to do I think. =)