Possiblity to Lock Tabs Setup

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

toothpick

Possiblity to Lock Tabs Setup

Post by toothpick » 2003-05-02 18:06

When i first began to use DC++ the biggest complaint i had against it over NMDC was that it was a bit "messy" to use. You could play around with it for a while, and all of a sudden you had 20 windows open, and you must begin to search for that window you just used.
Now today i have learnt to live with it the way it is (because its so much better than NMDC in other respects), but it would still be nice to have the option to make it a bit more clean to use.

Suggestions: Possibility to lock a tab (the tab would then move to the far right or left) This way you could always have a search window or a download
que at the same place. No need to go hunting for it if you have loads of windows open.

At the same time there should be a option to save the current setup as a default, so that you would get the same tab layout, every time you start DC++.

And while we are at it, a option to control the size and placement of the tab bar, personally i would like to have an option to place the tab bar at the top of the screen under the button bar, with big fat tabs that are easy to hit.

feel free to comment