More thoughts on ADLSearch

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

dazdaz

More thoughts on ADLSearch

Post by dazdaz » 2003-04-22 15:14

When doing a general search, i'd like an option to implement my pre-defined ADLSearch parameters into the "general search", to save having to type them in all the time.

Kenneth-Chile

Post by Kenneth-Chile » 2003-04-23 02:00

But, my ADLSearch items are too many!...and they are completely different one each other.

I think I didin't understand your request.

if you find for example: u2 (music)

and one of your ADL Search items are: .avi (600 MB)

what kind of result do you expect ? :D
In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In Practice, there is.

dazdaz

Post by dazdaz » 2003-04-23 06:12

Perhaps that's your ADLSearch, but I think it's a great sensible idea than can work really well.

In your example you'll receive lots of hits, thats good in my book.
Of course you need to read the docs and change your ADLSearch parameters, but the programme can adapt.

So now I set up the system being a whizzkidman type of person, with

rocket
blasstoff

Select a search and then select search using ADLSearch parameters and wham bang, thank you geezer. And receive lots of hits with a multi-hub search. Simple, how it should be.

mai9

Post by mai9 » 2003-04-23 06:37

I thought that maybe ADL Searches could join the Offline Searches I suggest in the other thread.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-04-23 07:55

I read it as using the parameters in ADLSearch as presets for the regular search box, so perhaps instead of history (or in addition) you'd have a dropdown box with your ADLSearch criteria in it.

It seems that there might be a logical grouping of Search related functions that would make everything more seemless and handy. Another past feature someone suggested was something from Soulseek (?) that was essentially "Persistent searches" - searches that would be run and presumably shown to the user if they got any hits (or maybe auto-queued).