Match Queue in Search Window

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

splunger

Match Queue in Search Window

Post by splunger » 2003-04-19 13:05

I like the Match Queue feature but I'm one of those people who would rather use search then download a bunch of file lists and hope what I want is in them.

I'd love to see a way to have search results automatically match Download Queue without me having to do it manually. I think this acutally happens if you have "Automaticall search for alternative download locations" checked in Advanced Settings but that feature is accompanied by searches every 10 seconds.

When I go on a searching spree I search every 15 seconds or so but if "Automaticall search for alternative download locations" is checked then both I and the program are searching and I get banned for search spamming.

So, simply put, please enable match queue in the search window (as an advanced option or a button in the search results) so that that nifty feature of adding sources to the Download Queue works even when one is not Auto Searching.

Thanks,

Splunger

sarf

Re: Match Queue in Search Window

Post by sarf » 2003-04-20 04:31

Actually, this is one of the thing I've fixed in my modified version of DC++. Just press the www button below, or go here.
I think the latest version includes an option that will suppress auto-searching for a minute after you search (you can still get search spam if the auto-search fires just before you search, though), if it doesn't - contact me and I'll put up my latest version. Please be aware that the latest public version is based on DC++ 0.24.

Sarf
---
All great ideas are controversial, or have been at one time.