Test users speed ?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

MapE

Test users speed ?

Post by MapE » 2003-04-12 10:05

Would it be possible to implement so that you could in the "rightclick" meny get an option named "speed test" that sends X amount of packages to the user so that you can se how fast your acuall download will be. This would be really helpfull if you could do it to multiple users to :)

[KUN.NL]mepmuff

Post by [KUN.NL]mepmuff » 2003-04-12 10:09

hmmm. i don't think i'd like that. I feel abuse coming from every direction with that. Furthermore the bandwith-challenged people amongst us could really suffer from such a feature.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-04-12 11:21

Some of the functionality of that feature is probably mentioned in this forum or on the RFE tracker for DC++ on Sourceforge using the keyword of Ping.

But other people have cut right to the chase and asked for a feature that would switch from one source to another if the transfer rate was below a certain limit. This will be easier or less of a problem if multi-source downloading becomes a feature, but that's not in the immediate future of DC++.