Remove user from queue removes more than one user

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

paka

Remove user from queue removes more than one user

Post by paka » 2005-02-02 15:15

The problem is present in DC++ 0.668 (and earlier, most likely) and DC++ 0.6685[3] CVS 2005-02-01. My steps to reproduce this bug:

1. Download the filelist of user A and enqueue one file.
2. Search for alternative sources of the file from queue frame (one new source - user B - was found in my test and was automatically added to the queue).
3. Make sure none of the two downloads is running.
4. Remove user A from queue using context menu in queue frame on the queued file (Remove user from queue). Both users A and B are removed instead of just user A.

Gasman1015

Post by Gasman1015 » 2005-02-02 18:57

Using DC++ 0.6685(Cvs 2005-2-01) I have followed your steps exactly but found it to work correctly.
Removes only user A and leaves user B, can also re add user A
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

paka

Post by paka » 2005-02-02 19:20

Thanks for verifying. Hm, strange. My queue was empty for the test (only the tested file was there), but this doesn't seem to change anything because I did another test with 0.668 2004-11-30 release and got the same result (both sources deleted).

I've checked the existence of this problem quite a few times. Besides, I wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't happened to me a few times during "real" downloading. I hope you believe me that this bug exists :) What I could suggest for further testing (if you had more than 2 sources online) would be to search for a file first (instead of downloading a filelist), enqueue the file from one user and add the second source manually from the search frame (without refreshing it with a new search, to avoid other sources being added automatically). That's how I did it with the 0.668 test mentioned above in this post.

I already have a patch for this bug. But it doesn't fix another problem. It's very likely that these two problems are related to each other. To recreate the second one, change steps 3 and 4:
3. Make sure the download is running from user A.
4. Remove user B from queue using context menu as before (Remove user from queue). Nothing happens. Both users remain in the queue.