Downloaded tree does not match TTH root

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

paka

Downloaded tree does not match TTH root

Post by paka » 2005-02-01 17:32

I'll write in steps what I have done:
1. Enqueued one file in DC++ 0.668. The source user A was then removed automatically (don't know the reason - was AFK), though there were no problems with downloading other parts of the release from him before.
2. Switched to v0.6685 CVS 2005-01-20 and readded manually two different sources (A and B) for the missing file.
3. No slots were available, but the TTH tree was downloaded. There was no incomplete file to be resumed. Got the tree error from both the users A and B (they were using 0.668, TTHs matched).
4. Removed the file from the queue and enqueued it again - A and B as sources (paused, to keep the sources not removed again).
5. Switched back to 0.668. Unpaused the file and the transfer was carried out successfully from user A (SFV checked externally - OK). Most likely nothing has changed in user A's share between step 3 and 4.

I'll add that I got the same "Downloaded tree does not match TTH root" error on many other files. Not sure if this is a bug, but it seems to be (because of the file downloaded properly when back again in 0.668). What is the problem?