Different shares for different hubs

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

cor3y

Different shares for different hubs

Post by cor3y » 2003-03-13 14:21

Hopefully this hasn't been suggested yet, or else feel free to yell at me =P

Anyway, often times different hubs with different rules don't allow me to have the same file types in my shares (ex. no mp3s in lossless hubs, but mp3s in mp3 hubs). This can easily be remedied by opening another instance of DC++, but it would be nice to just use one. Maybe similar Favorite hubs could be grouped into subgroups which each have their own share settings? Just a suggestion.

Corey

sarf

Re: Different shares for different hubs

Post by sarf » 2003-03-13 16:48

cor3y wrote:Hopefully this hasn't been suggested yet, or else feel free to yell at me =P
Yell, yell, nag, whine, woof. Consider yourself chastised.
cor3y wrote:

With the current implementation of DC++ this is hard to do. It requires changing the way the share is handled, as well as how client-side-searches are handled (a search from one hub should not give results from the share on another hub).
It is a often-requested feature, but it is not prioritized by arnetheduck AFAIK, nor was it back when 0.163 was released.

Sarf
---
Think of hummingbirds as the flying penises of flowers

MoRs2k

There is a chance

Post by MoRs2k » 2003-05-22 05:33

Hi! The easiest way to get 2 diffent filelists (that`s what you want), is to use 2 diffrent clients of DC! For example the NMDC and DC++.

With this 2 clients you could log in 2 diffrent hubs at the same time from one PC! I use DC++ and an other client!

I got the need of this, cause i am ORGA at LAN-Parties. There we have 2 Hubs running! One for over 18 years old, and one for under 18 years old GEEKS.
When one User would connect with the same client to both hubs, the filelist would be the same for both hubs (this would produce BIG TROUBLE, cause the under 18, then could download the XXX Stuff)! It works perfect!

(Sorry for my english)

See ya MoRs2k

[DK][V.I.P]IceBe@r©

wel i agre

Post by [DK][V.I.P]IceBe@r© » 2003-08-01 14:37

i am runing a net and i am on 4 servers if any could make a klient where u can define share on evry hub that u are on .That could be a great help
can se u guys say that its hard to do but cant belive that u smart guys cant come up with somthing.. kind of new at this trying to learn.. respect for arnet duck and u other developers keep up the good work

yea i now my eng sucks hope u can read this :lol:
¨˜�°º•V.I.P_NET.OWNER•º°�˜¨

qqzm

Post by qqzm » 2003-08-01 16:41

It's not hard. It's completely impossible.

Twink

Post by Twink » 2003-08-02 00:13

actually if the hubs each had a pinhole for them, and a waiting open connection (ie instead of all the ppl from all hubs connecting to 1412) then you could tell difference between people in hubs. However having moe then one port pinholed isn't a good solution. so bleh to my idea already

rainbal

Re: There is a chance

Post by rainbal » 2003-08-25 10:19

MoRs2k wrote:Hi! The easiest way to get 2 diffent filelists (that`s what you want), is to use 2 diffrent clients of DC! For example the NMDC and DC++.

With this 2 clients you could log in 2 diffrent hubs at the same time from one PC! I use DC++ and an other client!

I got the need of this, cause i am ORGA at LAN-Parties. There we have 2 Hubs running! One for over 18 years old, and one for under 18 years old GEEKS.
When one User would connect with the same client to both hubs, the filelist would be the same for both hubs (this would produce BIG TROUBLE, cause the under 18, then could download the XXX Stuff)! It works perfect!

(Sorry for my english)

See ya MoRs2k
Could you tell what is the another client?

Thanks
rainbal

FredRoski

How to get differnt shares for differnt hubs(works on WinXP)

Post by FredRoski » 2003-08-25 20:53

I run a hub, some filess are not allowed, so I share them in another hub. Say one is SHN's, the other is MP3's.
I start off connecting to DC++, or oDC, I set up my username, say user1. I connect to my SHN hub with my SHN files shared.
Next, I create another user accnt on my computer.
I hit start, click on control panel. Go to user accnt, click on create new user accnt, type in a name you want for the accnt. Make sure you select computer administrator (just to make sure it works). Click on create accnt, it brings you to the user accnt menu. Click on add password. type in the password twice, and add a clue in case you forget.
Now right click DC++ or oDC, select the following user, pick you new accnt name, and type in your password. Hit ok. Go in and change your username (user2)and remove all shn shares and add mp3 shares to your shares. type in the address of the mp3 hub, and your all set. The only drawback is, I think everytime you start your comptuter, and do this process, you have to remove your shares, and add your other shares. Other then that, it is easy to have 2 DC++ running, then 1 DC++ and NMDC, DC is really archiac. Sorry for the step by step, but its the easiest way to let newbies and others to know how to accomplish this. Now for all the insults! I think I read something about this on another post. I have XP, so I dont know if works on any other platforms?

Boxie

Post by Boxie » 2003-08-28 21:46

BCDC has the one instance of DC code removed
http://utrum.dyndns.org:8000/

ala - u can have 2 (or 50,000) copies BCDC open at the same time.

plus it has some other nifty features...

takeda

Re: Different shares for different hubs

Post by takeda » 2003-09-18 23:09

cor3y wrote:Hopefully this hasn't been suggested yet, or else feel free to yell at me =P

Anyway, often times different hubs with different rules don't allow me to have the same file types in my shares (ex. no mp3s in lossless hubs, but mp3s in mp3 hubs). This can easily be remedied by opening another instance of DC++, but it would be nice to just use one. Maybe similar Favorite hubs could be grouped into subgroups which each have their own share settings? Just a suggestion.

Corey
Oh, I'm signing under this using my both hands.
That's feature is realy needed, because some hubs are very restrictive, and people are getting banned for sharing unrelated files.